Mundane News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I bought my own jam :okay:

@potsy If you pipe you don't get so much buttercream.

Anyway, I now have to decide what I'm going to have a crack at next weekend, it could be a choccy cake, or Viennese Whirls... although I am up for suggestions.
Kolace?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyJoYJNSSI
How did your fried chicken turn out? I use buttermilk in the egg wash, and a dredge called Kentucky Colonel, which approximates KFC, but that recipe is no secret in an of itself.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I'm up, I have coffee.

I would prefer to be asleep but I need to go to work.

There does not appear to be any small animals in the house. Both cats are out but I have not checked the patio for carcasses as it's dark.

As you were.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm up, I have coffee.

I would prefer to be asleep but I need to go to work.

There does not appear to be any small animals in the house. Both cats are out but I have not checked the patio for carcasses as it's dark.

As you were.
I'm awake. Still only the one cat who is now asleep again.

Very foggy out and would work from home however I have to hand the duty phone over today and there's no chance I'm missing that

martint235

Dog on a bike
I would be frantic by now if one of my cats was missing.

Divert the on call phone to the next duty officers phone. You need to be at home in case ..... :surrender:
Trying new t to get frantic. It's a cat and I don't feel I can alter the as is situation

And I would but not in the office tomorrow (interview) or Wednesday (removing from hangover after interview) so really need to go and get rid today. Plus there's that part of me that thinks cat more likely to come home to an empty house so that when I get home he can go "and where have you been?"

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not foggy here and my body seems to have made the adjustment ok...or it was intending to have a lie in today and will get me awake nice and early tomorrow.

I don't know why but I have an image of Mrs Rocky heading off to a river to swim, presumably because you have posted lots of river scenes before now. I don't think I could ever be so dedicated to get up to swim at this hour! I hope she comes back feeling energised from hopefully a dip in a proper pool:okay:

TVC

Kolace?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzyJoYJNSSI
How did your fried chicken turn out? I use buttermilk in the egg wash, and a dredge called Kentucky Colonel, which approximates KFC, but that recipe is no secret in an of itself.

It was OK. I brined it in buttermilk over night which made the meat very tender. The dredge I made myself with garlic and onion powders, paprika, s+p and dried herbs. Next time the dredge will take more seasoning but I was happy for a first attempt.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
She's gone to the university pool on the Iffley Road - apparently it's a good idea to get your laps done early before the smelly undergraduates get in.
It certainly would be in the middle of winter, I remember in the winter of 86/87 (I think) that many of my friends flats were so cold that their pipes froze and so they used the union facilities to have a wash! Mine just managed to remain unfrozen!:laugh:

And an update on the weather conditions .... it is foggy and I can possibly hear a foghorn ... but I don't know if I'm making that up.... nearest place would be Flat Holm I think which is a reasonable distance. So I don't know if I'm making it up but a long low sound for about 6 seconds maybe but on the edge of my hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom