Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Made it through the mist to the kettle
Black general waste bin is kerbside

When the euro was introduced they manufactured keyboards with a euro symbol. My keyboard is clearly older than that. There is no euro on my keyboard.

what's so hard to understand?

Curiously, even my German keyboard has the '€' on the 'E' key; we have an extra "AltGr" key next to the space bar that you have to press like a shift key to activate it. Nearly a quarter of a century after Euro first came into use, and they still make this odd shortcut. So much for German efficiency.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Weather a bit uncertain this morning. Sun is shining but there are black clouds hovering around.
Got a text from DIL at 0705 telling me my trike had just been uplifted by the carrier. They were much earlier than I would expect but this was by arrangement so she would be up in time.
Just been reading a long series of entries on our Ferry Committee website. It reminded me that for the Oban/ Glasgow trains you have to be a serious sprinter to get to the station before the train leaves. One got there in time and sat on the step of the carriage with the door open refusing to move so the train could not leave until others arrived.
Coordination is a word nobody seems to have heard of.
A long debate about fuel tankers being carried and some boats have reduced capacity when carrying fuel but one at least has what they call "grandfather rights" and can carry a full load.
One result is that Barra ran out of fuel for vehicles until tankers could get there due to all sorts of ferry problems.
Touroid also appear who are booked with accommodation here but want to know silly things like " are there any ferries running on Fridays".
Island life as normal and normal stupid touroid.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's another wet & miserable start to the day and, having had a look at the rain radar, it looks to be set in for a while. Despite having been awake for a while the first coffee of the day has only just been finished as I just couldn't be bothered to get up and make it any earlier.

Once I've had breakfast the decision will have to be made as to whether to get on with some fettling on one bike which may lead on to a second bike being worked on as well, or to sort out/prepare one of the others for potential sale as it's not really needed any more.

pawl

Legendary Member
Why are there so many grey cars around?
Is it because the fashion people who decide what colours are going to be in vogue in the future have been looking to the sky for inspiration? :whistle:

Funny you should mention that Are last two cars have been grey mrs p choice.Garage and a retaining wall grey .

Varying shades of grey on walls in the house are grey l like it especially as it replaced the previous Magnolia

Top Bottom