Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Why are there so many grey cars around?
Is it because the fashion people who decide what colours are going to be in vogue in the future have been looking to the sky for inspiration? :whistle:

Grey and silver seem to be the preferred choice of many nowadays.

My Fabia was grey (not my choice, I sort of inherited the car) and it was a way to make an already bland car even more bland. I was forever losing it in car parks as it was boring and just blended into the background.

When I went shopping for it's replacement, one of my criteria was a bright colour as I absolutely did not want another grey or silver car. Life is too short to live in a grey world!

Tenkaykev

Guru
( Yet ) another pet grooming service has opened up locally. This one has named itself " Doggy Style "

Had a total of 14 visitors into my 'support room' so far, out of about 140 sitting the exam. Most have been fairly sensible queries.

In the mean-time I've been using the LH screen to schedule eBay listings, do work e-mails, other stuff. Am now bored and still have three hours to fill today:headshake:then another three hours tomorrow. That'll be the 'exciting' bit, when I'm dealing with submission issues.

can you roam the halls looking for ppl to help?

Soon be time for work wonder what delights await today? Everything should be now running like clock work. I left it all up and running.

Carpe diem!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The rain finally stopped just under an hour ago having persisted it down since about 8am. With nothing better to do some major fettling was completed on two bikes finishing just as the rain did. Now I've cleared up I can't go out for a test ride on today's work due to lack of mudguards, so I'll take the second of yesterday's bikes which was worked on for a quick test once the school run traffic is gone.

Until then it's coffee and toast time.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
can you roam the halls looking for ppl to help?

In the days when we did an exam in a room, yes. Currently students can be anywhere in the world, as the exam's online, and I'm in the back corner of SWMBO's office in our house. On my own.

One of the module team did phone on MS Teams to check how things were going. There wasn't an offer of cover or assistance though :sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That's generally because cats communicate by body language, and people who hate cats generally try and not look at them and keep quiet. Cats actually rather like that, because when people stare at a cat without adding any slow blinks to that, they see it as being threatening behaviour. So as a result, they'll gravitate towards the person that in their mind is being non-threatening.

Which is why cats seem to like people who hate cats. But it's all down to the different ways that cats and Humans use to communicate, as there's a lot that's "lost in translation"

I think Joni Mitchell should have had a fourth verse to her Clouds song:

I've looked at cats from both sides now....
....I really don't know cats at all.

Top Bottom