Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunny morning with light wind so looks like a triking day.
Breaking news : We have got a new bin lorry and the driver who does a lot of photography as well as publishing an annual calendar will no doubt have it on the 2025 one.
With the sunshine I even put my shorts on when I got up this morning. In the past I wore shorts all summer but not done that for a couple of years now as not sure if it is a good look.
Who cares anyway?

May I ask more questions about lawn mowers?

I have narrowed down the choice to Husqvana. This is because one of their dealers is just up the road, and they will deliver it and service it if necessary, and they stock spare parts.

I do not like the idea of a petrol mower. Husqvana sell a push Battery mower with cutting edge of 14.8 inches. The self propelled one has a cutting edge of 16.2 inches. The width of garden means that two extra lengths are needed with the narrower one. The difference in price is £200.

My question is this - If a lawn mower is self propelled (but not variable speed) is that easier than using a push mower? The edges of the lawn have lots of curves, rather than straight.

I have seen some self propelled lawn mowers. They are usually white although you can get some black ones. They seem to be able to mow right up to the edge and beyond. They seem to have a mind of their own, no petrol or batteries and are self fueling. :whistle:

Gwylan

Veteran
Today's 73 plate truck has 114530 kilometers on the odometer and is soon to take me to Hoddesdon.

Oh the romance is in the name, Spotify, play the Hoddeston hits list....

Bury my heart at Hoddeston
If you're going to Hoddeston
I met a girl from Hoddeston
Hoddeston, oh Hoddeston
The girl from Hoddeston
Take me back to Hoddeston
I left my heart in Hoddeston
Didn't we have a wonderful day, the day we went to Hoddeston..

tyred

Legendary Member
I found there are a surprising number of versions of "white" and getting the right one can be a problem. I am with you on the rust spotting tho.

Indeed, I think VW did 8 variations of white on the MKI Golf alone.

When I resprayed mine, I did it in Opel Glacier white which is an off the shelf colour and doesn't need mixing so is much cheaper and easy to get more in the future if required.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Oh the romance is in the name, Spotify, play the Hoddeston hits list....

Bury my heart at Hoddeston
If you're going to Hoddeston
I met a girl from Hoddeston
Hoddeston, oh Hoddeston
The girl from Hoddeston
Take me back to Hoddeston
I left my heart in Hoddeston
Didn't we have a wonderful day, the day we went to Hoddeston..

I think you'll find it's
Hoddeston, oh Hoddeston
I still hear your sea waves, they're crashing
While I watch the cannons flashing
She was 21
When I left Hoddeston

👍

Mike_P

Guru

Um, tells me how many black 2013 Fiestas are still in existence but the key visual clue of 3 or 5 door aren't covered. Wheel data is not kept by DVLA which is a further identifier for mine having larger 17" alloys.
Lidls warrenty came up trumps yesterday again with postie delivering from the Netherlands another replacement temperature/humidity sensor. Again a humidity reading failure stuck at 20%. Means the only original one left is that in the metal bike shed currently reading 51% humidity in there.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a mostly cloudy Suffolk, but at least it's dry. Coffee has been had so I'm set for the next few hours.
I need to get the rest of the food in for the weekend's trips (Mallory Park on Sunday and, if it stays dry, Snetterton on Saturday afternoon), but timing may be a problem. There's a delivery scheduled for today which I need to be in for as it requires age verification although I've had no 'out for delivery' notification yet, while tickets go on sale for an artist I'd like to see at about 10:00 so can't go out until that's been sorted.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Can you get done for dangerous walking?
People stepping out in front of you not looking as their attention was fixed on their mobile phone! :angry:

I used to be bothered a lot by touroid wandering across the street with no regard for traffic. There is an adequate pavement but they do not deign to use it.
I cycled along daily from shop to workshop about half a mile and had a front brake making a terrible noise. Wonderful thing to suddenly terrify a touroid who was paying no attention.

Top Bottom