Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My friend popped round to see my frame whilst we were chatting sat underneath our gazebo a Spitfire flew over. I think it was the PR version in blue .

There's a Spitfire based at my local Aerodrome, Sywell. It frequently flies over here & Pitsford Reservoir. Not sure if it strafes @biggs682 's house as well, though... 💣

Mike_P

Guru
Problematic 11 miles on the ebike this evening. Somehow since shutting the ebike shed door on Monday the road bike and ebike had got intertwined like untouched cables do. Separated only for the ebike to quickly loose power. Battery detached and reattached and all was well to Simply Food for gift card free bananas. Hoped to pick a cake up dated for the 29th but no such luck.
Then set off towards Lidl only for the chain to come off. Twice in a week, something plainly needs looking at. It got well jammed and trying to release it with a key failed so oily hands it was. Headed to Morrisons to use the facilities to clean them and then to Lidl.
Homeward the long way around and just a short way up the long climb coming that way my phone sonehow fell out of the inside jacket pocket. Then the battery kept on disconnecting. Must dig the contact cleaner out.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
we're patiently waiting for our 1st seasonal sighting of our Rose-breasted Grosbeak (s)

Sorry, have not seen any yet. I may stop by Mr Frant's to see if they are around yet. It used to be an old customers house, but it has since become a nature area and birding spot. My backyard may gain that status as well, if my neighbors keep feeding birds as they are wont to do.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Gig ticket secured, shopping done, parcel received, some gardening done and even time for a quick bike ride followed by a shower & shave all before tea time. I'm still undecided about Snetterton tomorrow, but food has been prepared in advance for Sunday at Mallory Park.
Time to sit back, relax and possibly have a cold 🍺or 🍺🍺while catching up with some of last weekend's BTCC meeting on ITVX

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A dull morning and not the wall to wall sunshine the forecast said so back to long trousers again I think.
Had planned on a lazy day in the sunshine but need to rethink that.
Rugby 7s this weekend so the ferries will be crammed and the road in that area very busy.
Washing machine has finished by now so need to go and sort that lot out.

Top Bottom