My 6 year old daughter just asked me....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
User76 said:
...Daddy, whats the opposite of opposite:wacko:

Any ideas what I should tell her:blush:

Kids! absolutely priceless.;):biggrin::biggrin: Oh aye almost forgot,tell her to ask mum.

Shaun

Founder
Our five year old is doing numbers at school. As we talked about our day at work / school over tea the other night she asked (with that great honest sincerity that kids have): "What's the last number?"

Priceless. :blush:

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
Infinity? :blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Admin said:
Our five year old is doing numbers at school. As we talked about our day at work / school over tea the other night she asked (with that great honest sincerity that kids have): "What's the last number?"

Priceless. :smile:
When I was a kid, we had a kids' encyclopedia which talked about the biggest number being a googol (and yes, the name is linked to web-supremos google).
We were impressed by this knowledge, till it occurred to us that you could add 1 and make it bigger. I've never taken 'facts' at face value since :blush:

opposite is a word used to describe something that could not be more different, for example dark and light, dark being held as the opposite of light.

however, the reality is that they are not opposite, they are on a scale of amounts of light, stand in a dark room for long enough and you'll see ways to make it darker, turn the light on, then add another light. opposites deal in the world of absolutes.

that was my answer while we were looking after a friends kids, now they ask my fiancee if they want to know anything :smile: their dad found it hillarious

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Pushing tin said:
opposite is a word used to describe something that could not be more different, for example dark and light, dark being held as the opposite of light.
Well, not quite...strawberry jelly could hardly be more different from a water buffalo, but that doesn't make them in any sense opposites. Opposite means diametrically opposed, as in up and down, or left and right, or funny and Jim Davidson.

red_tom

Fnaar said:
When I was a kid, we had a kids' encyclopedia which talked about the biggest number being a googol (and yes, the name is linked to web-supremos google).
We were impressed by this knowledge, till it occurred to us that you could add 1 and make it bigger. I've never taken 'facts' at face value since :becool:

Googol pffft. Try a Googolplex.

Top Bottom