My Carrera Zelos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
Before the zelos I had a apollo phaze fully kitted out 2" tires, mudguards etc. this is a much nicer beast!
proper beast you had before, what a great bike for those super fast TT's! deep section carbon rims and all :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
then i only get max 34 down hills :sad:
Maybe its down to the steepness of your hills and when you bottle out though , the most i have been is about 45 mph on a long downhill straight on the cannock chase sportive a while back.

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
proper beast you had before, what a great bike for those super fast TT's! deep section carbon rims and all :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
Yeah.. Don't know about super fast TTs. To be fair it was a good bike. Just the rear derailure got caught in the spokes. Been replaced and all but i really cba to set it back up and ride it!

Maybe its down to the steepness of your hills and when you bottle out though , the most i have been is about 45 mph on a long downhill straight on the cannock chase sportive a while back.

My max so far is about 33mph. I just go the steep way up a hill and the long way down!
Liam

young Ed

Veteran
when i bottle out? i pedal as fast as i can in aero position all the way generally
i think it might be that i do tend to go slightly slower and shadow the brakes due to the road surfaces around here and the corners
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Yeah.. Don't know about super fast TTs. To be fair it was a good bike. Just the rear derailure got caught in the spokes. Been replaced and all but i really cba to set it back up and ride it!

My max so far is about 33mph. I just go the steep way up a hill and the long way down!
Liam
i want a mountain bike for some of the trails round here
but i would be buying S/H and want something more than a cheap BSO
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
i want a mountain bike for some of the trails round here
but i would be buying S/H and want something more than a cheap BSO
Cheers Ed
Don't blame you. Did light trails but it was advertised as 16kg.. with the addons it was more like 17kg!

Liam

young Ed

Veteran
Don't blame you. Did light trails but it was advertised as 16kg.. with the addons it was more like 17kg!

Liam
wow not sure even my bike weighs that!
i should get a cheap 29er one day, when i have bought/built the other 101 thousand bikes i want NEED! :laugh:
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
when i bottle out? i pedal as fast as i can in aero position all the way generally
i think it might be that i do tend to go slightly slower and shadow the brakes due to the road surfaces around here and the corners
Cheers Ed
I said maybe or hill steepness in your area ..............

young Ed

Veteran
I said maybe or hill steepness in your area ..............
some fairly steep hills round here
oh well better slow and safe hey!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
Well.. All this talk on lighter wheel sets has had a toll on me. 1x r501 rear wheel on the way. Will get the front when i have more cash.. I've also picked up some r540 light action pedals.. And 2 new water bottles..

Yep expensive day

young Ed

Veteran
Well.. All this talk on lighter wheel sets has had a toll on me. 1x r501 rear wheel on the way. Will get the front when i have more cash.. I've also picked up some r540 light action pedals.. And 2 new water bottles..

Yep expensive day
hehe i am great at spending others money!
where did you order from?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
hehe i am great at spending others money!
where did you order from?
Cheers Ed
Merlin cycles and another cc member. Pretty pleased I only have the rear wheel but will get the front soon. Once I have te full wheel set I think I'll be able to save 500 grams so it'll be about 10.6kg! Then fork is next on the agenda!

young Ed

Veteran
Merlin cycles and another cc member. Pretty pleased I only have the rear wheel but will get the front soon. Once I have te full wheel set I think I'll be able to save 500 grams so it'll be about 10.6kg! Then fork is next on the agenda!
i think you may well struggle to save 600g on a fork to bring it to your 10kg goal
carbon seat post and/or stem might help!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
L14M

L14M

Über Member
Yeah
i think you may well struggle to save 600g on a fork to bring it to your 10kg goal
carbon seat post and/or stem might help!
Cheers Ed
carbon seat post stem an handlebars are all on the cards too!!

Top Bottom