My first solo, unsupported, camping tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Your pictures are just heavenly.

I love that pic of the barley - interspersed with those amazing views with clouds on the same day. I felt like I was there! Thanks so much!

RWright

Guru
Looked like a great trip. Thanks for the pictures and write up. A few days ago I just missed buying a used touring bike with racks and bags for what I thought was a very good price(someone else was ahead of me with a reply to a craigslist ad). I wasn't too disappointed with just missing it......until I read your thread. :blink:It is the second touring bike I have just missed this way. One of these days though. :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I really enjoyed reading this, not sure how I missed it when you first started it. Makes me wish I was more organised and would go touring by myself, but I like having a bit of company to natter to (though myself will do if that is all there is^_^).

I will try to find that bench next time I'm at the beach with the kids!

0lonerider

Veteran
great trip and writeup stayed up till the early hours finishing it lol.
me first solo unplaned trip was st bees to tynemouth using the hadrian cycle way ,and leaving bramton i had to cross the startline of a roadrace lol luckly i had a hour start over them , +they give me lots of gells n nrg bars free,got some funny looks crossing the line lol.hope you enjoy it as much as i did.if you need any thing about the route ect give me a shout.

That was fab :thumbsup:

This is amazing, makes me want to get off my ass and do Coast to Coast again.

Very envious of you doing TPT, need to get a tent sorted, and look at what I want to do storage wise, panniers or trailer. Thinking trailer more so it's pulled along, not on the bike, but will consider all options when I'm ready to do stuff like that.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and loved the accompanying photos. Looking forward to the TPT write up SatNav!

HelenD123

Guru
Great tour, great write up, great photos. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I'm a little envious as I've been eyeing up a ride from Cardiff, through the Brecon Beacons and onwards for a while. I just can't seem to squeeze it in at the moment.

Just a tip from one who knows, when you secure your bike for an overnight stop don't forget to secure the front wheel and the saddles as they are so easy to steal. And believe me it happens all too often

Top Bottom