My Flying Gate frame is a movie star!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've just received an email from Trevor Jarvis apologising for a delay in the delivery of my refurbed Flying Gate frame. He held on to it for a few extra days to include it in the DVD that he's having made that chronicles the history of the Flying Gate design.

I'll be getting the frame this Thursday. I hope that it hasn't developed ideas above its station....

Only a few bits and pieces are needed to complete the 'kit' for the latest addition to the collection....might have it ready for riding by the weekend.

got-to-get-fit

can i get its autograph?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

fossyant said:
Pics by Sunday evening then.....

Yer on....

Subject to arrival of Sora STI brake levers and handlebars.

Off to buy a front mech and down tube cable stops in anticipation of pending arrival.

The hike in Shimano component prices is scary - when compared against the cost of drive train components purchased for my Dave Yates' build the Gate could have been extremely expensive had I not located some bargains on Ebay.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gawd! Interesting idea but those lugs.... they remind me of a Victorian Gentlemen's hairdressing saloon.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Yellow Fang said:
Does it have nice lugs?

Mine are standard Nervex lugs - none of the elaborate stuff sadly. Trever Jarvis has been tempting me with the offer of putting me in contact with someone in Yorkshire who has one of the filligreed lugged models for sale.

Reluctantly I've put my n+1 bike purchasing policy on hold at the moment :smile:

Top Bottom