My girlfriend's an anticyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
There's bound to be something crappy that she likes doing but you can't stand, so strike a deal e.g. you accompany her to Tate Modern for an afternoon and she goes with you on a cycling picnic. After a while she will get hooked on cycling and lose her interest in crappy things. Pretty simple really.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Too late now, but keep an eye out for next years womens rides in Bike Week.
http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4066
The CTC may also hold womens beginner MTB courses througout the year

Night Train

Maker of Things
M doesn't like cycling (or shopping). However, we like walking, eating puddings, a little wine, bed, galleries, museums and theatre shows. I am going to try her on the opera soon.

We are able to find so many other things that we enjoy together.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Night Train said:
M doesn't like cycling (or shopping). However, we like walking, eating puddings, a little wine, bed, galleries, museums and theatre shows. I am going to try her on the opera soon.

We are able to find so many other things that we enjoy together.

You're going to inflict opera on her!!!!

Does "constructive dismissal" count as grounds for divorce?;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..same issue here...'cept being married there is not easy way out of the problem...ditch her and get a Vicky P model instead.

That might cause other problems as you wouldn't be able to keep with her:blush:

yenrod

Noodley said:
You are so gonna get your arse kicked by the next female cyclist you meet. I didn't think you were a 'high level' cyclist...

I dont know what high-level your talking of Noodley but - i'm at quite a high level in cycling.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Andy in Sig said:
You're going to inflict opera on her!!!!

Does "constructive dismissal" count as grounds for divorce?:blush:
I love the opera, M loves Romeo and Juliet and I have found an opera of it. I did give M the option and she decided to give it a go.

I will try the ballet after the opera and see how she finds that.:thumbsup:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Ballet as well!!! For you, sir, there is no hope.

You don't really live in Manchester do you? I reckon you're really somewhere in N London and just want a bit of credibilty.:blush:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Andy in Sig said:
Ballet as well!!! For you, sir, there is no hope.

You don't really live in Manchester do you? I reckon you're really somewhere in N London and just want a bit of credibilty.:wacko:
It was definitly Manchester when I looked out of the window a moment ago. :biggrin: I grew up in Islington, London, N1 if that helps. Only moved to Manchester in 1994 so I still feel and sound like a Londoner. :blush:

Culture is good and there is lots of it in Manchester. I am hoping to wean M off Big Brother and soaps to something more interesting.

Top Bottom