My longest ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just like to blow my own trumpet a little.......

I rode from my house in Orpington, Kent, all the way to Oxford following the Thames over 2 days, Friday and Saturday. 92 miles on the Friday, 52 miles on the Saturday.

My previous longest mileage was 68 miles.

Well done me....;)

longers

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
My previous longest mileage was 68 miles.

Well done me....;)

Well done you :?:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Chapeau! I take it you enjoyed it?

For me the best bit of achieving my first (only?) imperial century was crowing "See that tree/road/sign/pebble up ahead? That's the furthest I've ever ridden!" All credit to my riding partner, he was immensely supportive and didn't tell me to shut up for at least 500 yards!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
marinyork said:
Sounds like an interesting route! Well done! Out of interest did your legs recover for the 2nd day?

My thighs were a bit tight, but soon loosend up. Did a short local ride yesteday and my normal 27 mile round commute today, and feel suprisingly good.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Landslide said:
Chapeau! I take it you enjoyed it?

For me the best bit of achieving my first (only?) imperial century was crowing "See that tree/road/sign/pebble up ahead? That's the furthest I've ever ridden!" All credit to my riding partner, he was immensely supportive and didn't tell me to shut up for at least 500 yards!

Enjoyed it immensly, shame I didn't make the 100. We got to the hostel pretty late. I did think of doing another 8 miles (which I should have done in hindsight) but a cold beer was needed....;)

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
marinyork said:
Perhaps it means you're in great shape?

Considering 2 years ago I couldn't even ride a mile without having to spend 20 minutes to recover. That... and losing over 2 half stone..

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I meant the shapo bit from earlier post elsewhere. I'm sure you are in great shape. I've not done 140 + in 36 hrs!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Dayvo said:
Well done, indeed!

But it sounds like you were run out just 8 short of your ton on the first day! ;)

As I said earlier, should have knocked out those last 8 miles, but it was getting late, I was with others and a beer was calling.

But it has given me great inspiration to go further next time and crack that ton

Top Bottom