My Nemesis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
WindyRob said:
FFFF as you are the admin for the team could you add a few words to the team page on cyclogs so that those who look at the team know where we have come from. It might just attract a few more people to CC.

Windy

Windy, I don't think that function works yet once the team has been set up. I have e mailed webby though as that is a good idea.

4F

John the Monkey said:
Lol :smile:

Found a nice loop (more a figure of 8 really) on the far end of my commute whilst trying to do a circuit of Winterley Pool, means a 19 1/2 miles ride tonight, preserving my place (7th) and as a bonus, my average speed is creeping closer to Keith's (felt like my legs were going to fall off though :wacko: ).

You rascal I did the same. Added a loop on the end of mine to do 19.5 miles and you do the same :evil:

4F

fossyant said:
Can this thing be back dated - log my rides on excel but don't fancy uploading 4 month's worth ?

why not backdate 1 entry a month with that months total and then start daily in May ?

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
I may (geddit) start in June as I'm on my hols for two weeks in May.... no bike, just sunshine and a beach with a bit of luck

There's a bike for every occasion, Fossy...

http://www.beachcruiser.org/?gclid=CMWLlfHX9ZICFR9WMAodgzqkAg

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
You rascal I did the same. Added a loop on the end of mine to do 19.5 miles and you do the same :biggrin:

:smile: Weird how the distance was so similar - I'd intended to spin it out to 20, but just couldn't face it in the end (even though it was a lovely day). The only bad thing about the ride really was the cloud of midges I hit at 25mph going past one side of Winterley pool - at least I now know I can't breathe midge...

EDIT: Incidentally, since starting this discussion, I've gone from having a goal of surviving the current daily commute to wondering whether I could start coming in from Alderley Edge rather than Wilmslow, and how else to sneak in extra distance. I haven't the nerve to tell the missus about this...

"So why are you doing 35 miles a day instead of 28?"
"Well, it's sort of a competition"
"So you're riding with other people on the way to work?"
"Well, sort of." "
"Sort of? How is it a competition then?"
"They're on the internet."
"Sigh."

4F

John the Monkey said:
:biggrin: Weird how the distance was so similar - I'd intended to spin it out to 20, but just couldn't face it in the end (even though it was a lovely day). The only bad thing about the ride really was the cloud of midges I hit at 25mph going past one side of Winterley pool - at least I now know I can't breathe midge...

EDIT: Incidentally, since starting this discussion, I've gone from having a goal of surviving the current daily commute to wondering whether I could start coming in from Alderley Edge rather than Wilmslow, and how else to sneak in extra distance. I haven't the nerve to tell the missus about this...

"So why are you doing 35 miles a day instead of 28?"
"Well, it's sort of a competition"
"So you're riding with other people on the way to work?"
"Well, sort of." "
"Sort of? How is it a competition then?"
"Sigh."

haha I just leave 10 - 15 mins early in the morning and with this nicer weather the speed is up so I can get more miles in. 2 or 3 times a week I go for a ride at lunchtime however evenings are harder what with running the kids to karate, gymnastics, cubs etc. I was going to do more last week but was playing badminton last night as well so did not want to kill myself.

I have set myself a goal of 7000 miles for the year (never done 5000 before but come close) and this monthly challenge on cyclogs is certainly a motivator :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
"Sigh."
My kids have started calling this place "Dad's cycling Bebo" (Bebo being kids' netwrok thing they all go on after school, given a chance, to chat to their mates and gain experience in spotting wierdos).

I haven't dared get the Cyclechat shirt out yet... :angry:

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Egad! A sneaky sprint by FFFF puts him into 7th, a shade under 3 miles ahead of me by distance, and hot on the heels of Mr. Oates, who is a mere 5 miles and change ahead.

Coincidentally, I'm drafting FFFF on the main leaderboard too, with him in 31st place and me in 32nd...

The only small crumb of comfort is the slow creeping towards Mr Oates' average speed I'm doing, as mine painfully climbs the low 16mph range...

Fnarr said:
I haven't dared get the Cyclechat shirt out yet... :laugh:

Worn mine twice this week, thanks to a mid week wash necessitated by a sweaty helmet. (The Chamonix's pads velcro in, and can be removed for washing...)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
Worn mine twice this week, thanks to a mid week wash necessitated by a sweaty helmet. (The Chamonix's pads velcro in, and can be removed for washing...)
Too much information! :laugh::biggrin:

4F

John the Monkey said:
Egad! A sneaky sprint by FFFF puts him into 7th, a shade under 3 miles ahead of me by distance, and hot on the heels of Mr. Oates, who is a mere 5 miles and change ahead.

Coincidentally, I'm drafting FFFF on the main leaderboard too, with him in 31st place and me in 32nd...

It's going to be close and if my legs had not felt like lead weights this morning I would have sneaked a few more :laugh:

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
It's going to be close and if my legs had not felt like lead weights this morning I would have sneaked a few more :laugh:

Well, if you're going to insist on underhand tactics like riding more miles than me... :biggrin:

I know what you mean about the legs though - I'm suffering for those extra loops!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
On your back wheel Joe!
I'll drop off this weekend though due to me not going on the club ride and not getting much in on saturday.
Be back at you next week!
:blush:

Top Bottom