My new Cannondale CAAD10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toptom

Picked up my new Cannondale CAAD10 on Saturday took it out on Sunday for its first ride 53 miles and love it
image.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ooooooooh, I say!
Very nice indeed.

Today was the longest I've ridden on it 72 miles and felt fine very smooth for alloy frame
They are aren't they? I love the fact the carbonites think they've got it all sussed with their composite frames, when the CAAD10 proves that carbon is totally unnecessary IMO :becool: (takes cover awaiting barrage of carbon abuse!)

Here's mine, sadly currently for sale TBH due to a change in circumstances, but it was always going to be a very reluctant sale, and TBH I'm really starting to have a change of heart as I love this bike so much.

This is when I first bought her and specced her up with Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, but I had to admit that as fantastic as the wheels are, there are just not enough spokes for me :whistle:

CAAD 10.JPG

and this is how she currently is, complete with Hollowtech II chainset conversion. Overall not as pretty as the above pic, (I do prefer the dark Ultegra chainset though), but far more functional for my own circumstances. Now to make the time to take her out :wub:

WP_20130826_009.jpg

Very nice,

Chris432626

I'm looking to buy a carbon frame next year. I tried this year but couldn't bring myself to part with my black Caad9, it really is a great frame. I would think Caad10 is even better.

I'm looking to buy a carbon frame next year.
If I may ask, why carbon? You know how good the CAAD's are already, so just move things on and get a CAAD10. FWIW mine's lighter than both the carbon bikes I've had as well :becool:

I would think CAAD10 is even better.
To quote - it is, "the world's finest aluminium road racing machine' and 'CAAD10 is not only lighter than many competitors elite carbon frames, but is also stiffer and smooter' Just saying, LINKY :thumbsup:

OP
OP
toptom

toptom

I'm loving my CAAD 10 very light and smooth got it as a second bike as my other road bike is a Scott CR1 elite and got the caad10 as a winter bike but now feel IL be doing a lot of miles on it and not just in the winter :bicycle::sun:

Chris432626

If I may ask, why carbon? You know how good the CAAD's are already, so just move things on and get a CAAD10. FWIW mine's lighter than both the carbon bikes I've had as well :becool:

To quote - it is, "the world's finest aluminium road racing machine' and 'CAAD10 is not only lighter than many competitors elite carbon frames, but is also stiffer and smooter' Just saying, LINKY :thumbsup:
I'm not sure it's worth going from a 9 to a 10? Also, aren't carbon frames around 200 grams lighter and more comfy? (I'm looking at 100+ miles)

Top Bottom