My new Carbon - Merida Scultura 905

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Snap on our location!

The Fulcrums are great, certainly spin up and hold speed better than the originals, my only criticism is the freehub being a little noisy (not too loud mind you), i just prefer something silent (or close to it!)

I'm getting frustrated with my inability to do some consistent mileage to loose some pounds and get fitter, if it's not my back and neck it's been my knee or wrist. However I now have a painful and inflamed vein in my right calf. Been diagnosed today as Phlebitis which should clear up in 14 days or so and it doesn't stop me riding (in fact the doc encouraged it), just makes for an uncomfortable experience!

One year I may have an injury free summer!

PLuKE

Cool, I just fitted some Campag Scirocco 35 last night, I fact I saw you heading down Martlesham, and you overtook me before I put two and two together!

Having a niggle with something is never good, just takes away from the ride and causes more pain later!

Luke

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
I've always felt slightly stretched on this compared to my last bike, the Top Tube is the same length but this has 120mm stem compared to the previous with 100mm so time for a change, test ride coming later today but it feels better when sat on it! (I mentioned having a fitting earlier in the thread but decided I didn't need it)

Old;
C834AA35-E933-495A-B6F5-04C76E29D043_zpsmrt15ev3.jpg

New:
2E3D3865-9103-4A2F-8884-36EE31238710_zpseyvmcria.jpg

Top Bottom