My new Carbon - Merida Scultura 905

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Due to buying some wheels off @mattobrien I thought I should update the picture, loving the change but due to a poorly 17 month old (tonsillitis) I've not been able to get out and check the difference.

I have fitted the Fulcrum Racing Zeros (from Matt) with GP4000s 25c tyres and in doing so have saved myself 525g on the previous Racing Comp wheels with Rubino Slicks on them, I would imagine that will make a huge difference!!

Next planned change is probably the brakes from the Merida Pro to Ultegra

65E6A9C2-2AB0-4A8A-9C5D-9D1600473A49_zpssxihalav.jpg

5CF820CB-FEFB-415E-BF6B-C25D1A90C7BB_zpszqv8d3ch.jpg

F1F07D4A-8231-46E2-8FCF-645FECC4D0D7_zpsmqsaxqqo.jpg

The Racing comp have now been demoted to the Giant TCX commuter which was fitted with the stock wheels and cross tyres, this bike has seen an even bigger saving in weight (650g!) I should notice a massive difference on this just due to the slick tyres alone!

Before and after pic below;

4AEB1973-B7D5-41D2-B34B-27A527C943FB_zpshten5azf.jpg

33B4C302-61A4-4B26-B83D-5B2C27A648E8_zpso62t3iey.jpg

mattobrien

Guru
@Mike! Looking good there. Hope you get a chance to test it all out very soon and the little ones tonsils start to behave properly.

You might want to check the front brake pad alignment, as one looks a little too high at the front of the pad on one of the piccies.

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
I will do, haven't had time to check the brakes or gears as yet after fitting them! A job for an evening.

After which I hope the weather is good so I can commute on both of them this week.

Ended up at hospital again last night (temperature of 104!), she now has different anti biotics which she is taking ok (refused the last lot) so hopefully she will improve quickly now...

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
'Wee one'.

Btw, Pedal Power is still exactly where it was, I was just looking in the wrong place before!

Pedal Power have moved from the last time I went to see them (granted, this was a long while ago!!), pretty sure the place they are now used to be a snooker club.

PLuKE

Another Merida in the area, I just bought a 93 Ride Carbon.

Pedal Power is still in Mart, was there last week.

Luke

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Latest update is to swap the White Merida Pro brakes for Ultegra, not only do they look better they also stop better even with the standard pads.

8970D813-2EF8-461A-B91D-0BC18D54682F_zpsdvgf4b4d.jpg

1436B43B-FB9F-4965-AEFB-73FE8DD2E43C_zpsiszpjv1z.jpg

I have a slightly shorter stem and some compact drop bars on the list next so I can bring the bars slightly closer and make the drop shallower, all in the aim of comfort :-)

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Looks good.

Where abouts in Ipswich are you?
Luke

I'm just outside Ipswich in kesgrave, forgive me if I don't publish my full address!

Looks great! Is there even a speck of grime on the bikes...you run one tidy ship!!!

I do like to keep them clean, especially the Merida but then due to sick children and my various ailments over the last couple of years it's not done many miles so has probably seem more cleaning than riding!

PLuKE

I think I can forgive. I am myself in Kesgrave, Grange Farm. If you ever fancy a ride just give me a shout!

How do you find the new Fulcrums?

Luke

Top Bottom