My New Toy Mio Cyclo 305 GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasonmccullum

Über Member
i have been thinking about getting a GPS for my bike but wanted turn by turn like i have in my car and i found this

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_899371_langId_-1_categoryId_165741

come with full GPS, ANT+ heart monitor and ANT+ cadance and speed wireless units for.......£170

i also wanted to fit in in front of my bars but since MIO dont make this i created one myself costing £1. Got a mudguard set from the poundshop and used the bracket system .

Have a look at the pictures and tell me what you think

Jay
image (1).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image.jpeg
84854.jpg

Moda

Excellent!

What are you doing for maps?

Don't like to be the bearer of bad news but the Halfords money off codes work on this and you can bring it down to £145.

I'm still wondering whether to pull the trigger on one.

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
The maps are built into the device you get off road and on road ones

Bugger on the money codes. But tbh I'm happy the price I paid so I'm not that upset

Damaged Hero

Veteran
I have one of those,impressive bit of kit,But be very careful taking it off the mount.
Mine has been replaced once already,as the locking wings on the device had snapped and within 3 weeks of getting it back it has broken again,I am going to bond it to the mount and then use reusable cable ties when i need to take it off my bike to upload my ride data and charge it.

Great idea with the bracket,I might have to pinch that idea :shy:

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
the maps are good and the turn by turn is excellent.. you get off road maps (Open Street Maps) and road Maps (Teleatlas which is owned by TOM TOM)

i was planning to buy a wahoo hrm and monitor but at this price is amazing value and almost half the price of the garmin 800

Garz

Squat Member
May just be me but I hope the unit is not heavy. Looks like on the typical UK pothole ridden roads a bad section could flip/drop/snap.

Ben M

My mum has one of these. They seem okay. The only issues are that it takes more faffing to import into mapmyride or Strava than a garmin and even then the ant+ data doesn't import.

Top Bottom