My next BIG challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now that I have the Trossachs Ton out of the way I need a new challenge. Hmm. What could I do that would top that, I wonder. Lejog perhaps, or I could try and cycle around the world aiming for 130 miles a day. Hmm.

Nah, far too easy I reckon.

Wait a minute! I know. A new endurance challenge! One that will test me to my limit, physically, mentally and financially. Brilliant! It will be the ultimate in endurance, lasting at least 18 years and if I am unlucky even longer. Not only that, but this challenge will be on top of the two long term challenges that I am already undertaking! 3 long term challenges, all at once. Wow, this will be hard! :ohmy:xx(

So stay tuned folks. I'm now in training (setting my alarm to go off 5 or 6 times a night) and if all goes well, I will starting this new challenge in the middle of January next year.

Feel free to sponsor me. I can assure you I could put your money to good use! :biggrin:

P.S. I think my wife might be taking part in this challenge too! :sad:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I wait expectantly for more details. :biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Fatherhood!!! your going to post pictures of all the activities that go along with with the 'planning' phases? :biggrin:;)

P.S. If i am right, congrats.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Wigsie said:
Fatherhood!!! your going to post pictures of all the activities that go along with with the 'planning' phases? :biggrin:;)

No photos I'm afraid, but I'll look out the helmet camera videos...:sad::sad:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
No photos I'm afraid, but I'll look out the helmet camera videos...:ohmy::smile:

Bleurgh.... xx(

I take it the Mrs got the wrong end of the stick when you were talking about cake stops and buns in the oven ? :biggrin:

You'll not be allowed out to play much any more for the next 9 months then, unless you bring the other two in a trailer (which might be good for your stamina and strength) !

OP
OP
M

magnatom

goo_mason said:
You'll not be allowed out to play much any more for the next 9 months then, unless you bring the other two in a trailer (which might be good for your stamina and strength) !

Actually my wife is encouraging me to go in for a sportive in August (in Blackpool), I'll be doing the PfS in September and I am already booked up for the Etape Caledonia next year! The grandparents will be shipped in when required!

I hear the third is easy. Please someone come along and tell me the third is easy. Please?!?!xx(

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Hey hey!! Congratulations Mags... you fool!! :ohmy:;)

Hope it all goes well, and pass on my regards to the Missus too.

Before Fnaar gets here I'll say it...

That was the most expensive ride you've ever had!! xx(:blush::biggrin:;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Boom, boom! :ohmy:

Fool indeed. What was I thinking! xx(:biggrin:

I have a feeling that I will be having another op in the near future, and this time it won't be for my knee....

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
I hear the third is easy. Please someone come along and tell me the third is easy. Please?!?!:ohmy:

Oh definitely.

(Spoken with all the experience a childless person with only one sibling can muster....)

Anyway, congratulations!xx(

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch said:
Oh definitely.

(Spoken with all the experience a childless person with only one sibling can muster....)

Anyway, congratulations!xx(
I think he was talking about the "Etape Caledonia next year" that he's booked onto, rather than impending doom Fatherhood again. :ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I think he was talking about the "Etape Caledonia next year" that he's booked onto, rather than impending doom Fatherhood again. :ohmy:

Ha! No way. I have the experience to know how much of a test of stamina a new born baby is.

Please can I have one that sleeps this time, PLEASE! xx(:biggrin:

grhm

Veteran
magnatom said:
I hear the third is easy. Please someone come along and tell me the third is easy. Please?!?!xx(

Apparently it gets easier (per child) the moire children you have.

Going from 0 -> 1 child is a real shock.
Going from 1 -> 2 children is difficult.
Going from 2 -> 3 children isn't too bad.
Going from 3 -> 4 children is OK.

This is according to an aunt with 4 kids (now aged 21-25).
Not sure if this rule scales well - you'd have to ask one of the really BIG families (e.g the Duggar Family, had 16 kids last time I saw them on the telly, but apparently they've got a book out entitled "20 and counting":ohmy::ohmy: )

Top Bottom