My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The expletives were from me ...the shot was a still from a gopro but I don't think it picked it up.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
tumblr_nk6to4CdKp1sv3r9no1_1280.jpg
Isn't this a fixed penalty fine and pay for cleaning thing?

Hyslop

Veteran
Yup I was between Boustead Hill and Drumburgh, just by the cattle grid (Calrilse/Allerdale boundary). The entire road was flooded between Drumburgh and Dykesfield with just Boustead Hill and Easton humps above the water line. I assume the sight was similar all the round the estuary to Skinburness.

T'was an amazing thing to watch, as the water engulfed the whole marsh as far as the eye could see

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ElDYZmq-7E

Superb!Many years since Ive seen anything like it.Hope the little cottages on the approach to Drumburgh were OK,though theres probably enough of a contour to ensure that they were.Always an impressive sight,a big tide on the Solway.Whenever I ride around round that way,I never fail to be rewarded one way or another.If ever youre round there and you see an idle looking fellow in the little bothy at Boustead Hill and you have time-stop and say hello,its probably me! Never see anyone else in there and its ideal for a "nice sit down"and a gaze around!:okay:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
View attachment 78858

Photo courtesy of Kath Kynaston.

Ha !, I know where that is !

Great pic, Al !

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Cyclist 33. It is a lesson on how to make sure your bike is never stolen. I love the colour, but Im weird. You dont even need locks and chains on that bike.

wisdom

Guru
[QUOTE 3560084, mein
[QUOTE 3560084, member: 9609"]be interesting to ride a bike along here
whitby_7561_zpsgbvcdcwn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ber: 9609"]be interesting to ride a bike along here
whitby_7561_zpsgbvcdcwn.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Wouldnt like to get a tyre stuck In those gaps

Attachments

• whitby_7561_zpsgbvcdcwn.jpg