My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Job Centre
Castleford

Yes, it does bear more than a passing resemblance to Larry Grayson
His first professional engagements were at a theatre in Castleford, & the story goes that he took his 'Door' catchphrase, from the girls in their dressing room, who were complaining about draughts, as well as men looking around the door as they got changed

All it took was one mischievious local history buff, to combine Grayson, & the well documented Roman habitation of Castleford
There's an excavated, & a subsequently reburied fort nearby
(it was also a crossing -fording- point on the River Aire

Castleford. Employment Excange.jpg

On the site of the old Cutsyke Station (off Aketon Road) Castleford
(the 'Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway')
A Sustrans route

P1260016.JPG

robjh

Legendary Member
We did a little local tourism today, to the American Cemetery outside Cambridge. It's on a beautiful sloping site with some imposing and dignified 1950s architecture.
20160128 American Cemetery (10)C.jpg

ChrisEyles

Guru
Here's a couple of pics from my last two rides - the first a gruelling 100km up to Exmoor to Tarr Steps, and the second a much more relaxing 37 miler down to Dawlish Warren.

For various reasons (injuries, job hunting, and general lack of motivation caused by job hunting) I've not been out on the bike much over the last six months, and it's been fantastic getting out on some proper rides again :smile: Just need to build up a bit of fitness again now!

I've signed up to the CC metric century and half century a month challenges this year - silly but it is a nice little motivator, and I'm looking forward to exploring Devon again, and maybe finding a new bike project to tinker away on in the evenings.

2016-01-23 11.36.30.jpg
2016-01-30 12.39.55.jpg

iandg

Legendary Member
Spent most of yesterday evening and today waiting for a flight back to Stornoway - the one that eventually left last night circled Stornoway, the pilot decided he couldn't land and took us all back to Glasgow for the night.Snapped this when we were finallycalled to the gate for take off this afternoon. (That wasn't our plane - the Stornoway plane is a twin prop job)

24686401156_029f380154_z.jpg

Lol i can't give you any tips except to get your focus fixed BB :tongue:

Top Bottom