My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
On a local training loop - Rockbeare

wp-1464363789616.jpg

27287852145_82d331b6a5_c.jpg

Not quite the perfect picture that I was after

Last shot from Northumberland until next June....

27312815775_9de68e2b9d_b.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
These photos were not taken by me but were sent by a couple who Jannie and I went to help out with their garden in Italy a month ago. The garden had got out of hand and we spent a wonderful week help getting it into order. We do this through a website called Helpx. We volunteer our free time to help with gardens. We get ourselves there and the hosts feed and house us during our stay. We have now done Cornwall, France and Italy and cannot wait to do more.

Just for the gardeners. After the potatoes were "chitted", we cut them in half and planted them. Theoretically, doubling the plants. I dont know if it will work, but it is looking the part.

This is job satisfaction.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23692

This was taken a couple of days ago, inside a shop in Nottingham, which I think was a bank when it was built.

View attachment 129500

I don't know if the monkey(?) holding the chain has any significance?
It was indeed originally built as a bank and it was my branch at one time (Nat West) before being sold off to become whatever it is now.

The architect was a fine local chap who went by the name of Watson Fothergill. He was responsible for quite a few landmark buildings around the city had a very distinctive style. Many remain, but a few of his best (like the Black Boy hotel) are long gone

Legend has it that he owed the bank money and had to do the design work for free to settle his debts (to get "the monkey of his back").... he had this carving included in the design as a protest/joke/statement against the bankers.

Last edited by a moderator:

gavgav

Guru
image.jpeg
Not dialogue, as such, but a brilliant day in London watching the Aviva Premiership Rugby Final and then drinking in Richmond by the Thames. Fabulous sunset with the sun on a pole :whistle:

Mod Note: It's a lovely photo but better suited to the "My Picture of the Day" thread so has been moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs M

Guru
These photos were not taken by me but were sent by a couple who Jannie and I went to help out with their garden in Italy a month ago. The garden had got out of hand and we spent a wonderful week help getting it into order. We do this through a website called Helpx. We volunteer our free time to help with gardens. We get ourselves there and the hosts feed and house us during our stay. We have now done Cornwall, France and Italy and cannot wait to do more.

Just for the gardeners. After the potatoes were "chitted", we cut them in half and planted them. Theoretically, doubling the plants. I dont know if it will work, but it is looking the part.

This is job satisfaction.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
That's a great idea, garden's looking good.
Well done :smile:

Cavalol

Guru
Went to take the TdF out but I think the pedal arm is knackered, so pumped up the tyres on the ToB instead and had a very pleasant 6 miler...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 61
Top Bottom