My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ska1903

Über Member
Big Bike.jpg

Not today but a weekend camping trip to Arran.

Pic taken on the cycle to the Ardrossan ferry from Glasgow.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Lovely early evening 28 mile loop. Cawood/Naburn/Bolton Percy/Tadcaster.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 40

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.png
Ahh, that's interesting, to see the bridge from the other side, & how they've gained access
I wonder if they're retrieved all the stones yet?

Did you look from the damaged side too??

For those who may not remember, this is how it looked in early January

View attachment 132130 View attachment 132131
This is a photo from the other side of the bridge today. All the stone has been retrieved and new stone sourced and approved. Large voids were found under the river bed and hundreds of tonnes of concrete had to be pumped in to fill these voids.
We still don't know if the bridge is going to be repaired or completely dismantled and rebuilt.

View attachment 132184
This is a photo from the other side of the bridge today. All the stone has been retrieved and new stone sourced and approved. Large voids were found under the river bed and hundreds of tonnes of concrete had to be pumped in to fill these voids.
We still don't know if the bridge is going to be repaired or completely dismantled and rebuilt.

Thankyou!
The arches have been pared back to 'solid' stone & all of the infill (rubble, left-over stones, at the time of building) have all been removed
I shall watch progress with interest, & even have a trip or two again myself

What a pity that they can't (now) dug out the original channel under Kettleman Bridge, at the other side of the A64, whilst they're at it

Top Bottom