My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gorgeous Lancia Fulvia

This was at the garage, where I dropped my Octavia off for its MoT test this morning
Sadly a customers, so couldn't ask for a good (under the bonnet, & internal) look round it

Campagnolo alloys, I believe??

13502836_10208588914952615_8064304706381853288_o.jpg

It looks positively miniscule, next to a Citroen C3(?) that was also there

13558789_10208588924112844_7256265302924443045_o.jpg

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Fairground rides at Penzance Mazey Days weekend...
P6265313_zpsxeroqb1c.jpg

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Gorgeous Lancia Fulvia

This was at the garage, where I dropped my Octavia off for its MoT test this morning
Sadly a customers, so couldn't ask for a good (under the bonnet, & internal) look round it

Campagnolo alloys, I believe??

13502836_10208588914952615_8064304706381853288_o.jpg

It looks positively miniscule, next to a Citroen C3(?) that was also there

13558789_10208588924112844_7256265302924443045_o.jpg
Lovely car, what's the octavia like, I'm thinking of getting one ?

wait4me

Veteran
A few more photos from the allier region from today's ride. No naff attempts at humour today, no the first one isn't our gite.
20160628_151154.jpg

20160628_145928.jpg

20160628_153127.jpg
these last 2 are from yesterday but thought some might like them
20160627_122539.jpg
20160627_121628.jpg
when i first went out here I found the hills really very hard (after lincs tens remember) but I am surprised at my improvement, I'm now only very hopeless.

Apologies in advance for a short hi-jacking:angel:

Lovely car, what's the octavia like, I'm thinking of getting one ?
You won't hear a wrong word about it from me (see bottom of posting)
A damn sight cheaper than the equivilant specification Audi, or VW
We bought, in March 2011 at 9 months old, with circa 6,500 miles showing (over 97,200 recorded now)
Insurance is good - obviously 'postcode/overnight storage' dependant (we pay just over £220 F/C, with business cover for wife)

I can get 55MPG pottering about, 'day to day' (Joanne is more 'lead-footed' than me), I've even had 78MPG showing as an average, after a drive to East Midlands Airport!
VED is £30, due to emissions (1.6Tdi)

It's had new brake-discs, & all pads, it's on the third set of front tyres, but SWMBO was driving to Cardiff, Luton, Leciester, & Billingham a lot in the first three years
One set of rears too, but the type fitted upon purchase (Dunlop SP Sport?) are - apparently - known for 'casttelating' (alternate wear on the blocks on edge of tread), replacement Coopers have been fine over the past 7,000 miles
So, they're all just 'wear & tear' items

Breakdowns, 'failure to proceed' items??
No

Only minor issues, to me, are;
- Not got a DAB radio (considering an upgrade, but then again, I'm rarely in it on an afternoon, for 'Radcliffe & Maconie')
- Some chumps still try to tell the sad old jokes
- It's got a can of foam, & a compressor, not a spare-wheel, but that's getting to be the norm nowadys
- There's a noise from the gear-change, on 2nd - 3rd. I think with it being cable-shift, there's a clip adrift, & the cable knocks on the side of the transmission tunnel
- The rear footwells not flat, as the body-pan is shared with the Scout (& the 4x4 estate, so there's space for the drive-train (but that means the exhaust is tucked up out of the way too!)

Last edited:

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Apologies in advance for a short hi-jacking:angel:

You won't hear a wrong word about it from me (see bottom of posting)
A damn sight cheaper than the equivilant specification Audi, or VW
We bought, in March 2011 at 9 months old, with circa 6,500 miles showing (over 97,200 recorded now)
Insurance is good - obviously 'postcode/overnight storage' dependant (we pay just over £220 F/C, with business cover for wife)

I can get 55MPG pottering about, 'day to day' (Joanne is more 'lead-footed' than me), I've even had 78MPG showing as an average, after a drive to East Midlands Airport!
VED is £30, due to emissions (1.6Tdi)

It's had new brake-discs, & all pads, it's on the third set of front tyres, but SWMBO was driving to Cardiff, Luton, Leciester, & Billingham a lot in the first three years
One set of rears too, but the type fitted (upon purchase; Dunlop SP Sport?) are - apparently - known for 'casttelating' (alternate wear on the blocks on edge of tread), replacement Coopers have been fine over the past 7,000 miles
So, they're all just 'wear & tear' items

Breakdowns, 'failure to proceed' items??
No

Only minor issues, to me, are;
- Not got a DAB radio (considering an upgrade, but then again, I'm rarely in it on an afternoon, for 'Radcliffe & Maconie')
- Some chumps still try to tell the sad old jokes
- It's got a can of foam, & a compressor, not a spare-wheel, but that's getting to be the norm nowadys
- There's a noise from the gear-change, on 2nd - 3rd. I think with it being cable-shift, there's a clip adrift, & the cable knocks on the side of the transmission tunnel
- The rear footwells not flat, as the body-pan is shared with the Scout (& the 4x4 estate, so there's space for the drive-train (but that means the exhaust is tucked up out of the way too!)
Thanks for the reply.I'm thinking about getting the vrs estate because I'm going through a bit of a mid life crisis. It's that or the seat leon estate

Top Bottom