My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
1477375_10203110214542436_595132365_n.jpg

Herbie

Veteran
A random person walking at Aberdeen beach...viewed from a tunnel
004.JPG

Its spalting timber . Gives a lovely effect when turned into pens or bowls . The spores given off are not too nice though .
was just thinking it has been a while since I have done any wood carving... thinking of a bowl now... OH will kill me!

Not directly I doubt but rot spores in your lungs are never a good thing . Ive turned it without a mask on but them im just crazy like that :thumbsup:
my lungs are pretty good at letting me know what they don't like - I'm a severe asthmatic!
Was actually thinking of carving it by hand - I have all the tools and find it very therapeutic if a touch time consuming but then I don't mind that. tis then just the final sanding down that is an issue but I'm rarely need more than a couple of mins sanding when I have done!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Spores are like pollen , they spread with very little help . I'm not trying to put you off , just making you aware of what those nice marking in the timber are . What you do with the info is up to you , I ignore it myself but that's up to me .

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Killer Lumber Strikes Britain!
I'll alert the media.
All in payback for wood shop in Junior High School, where wood and I discovered we hate each other.
Metals quite a different story though.

Top Bottom