My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
Training on the marsh this morning.
As its a cycling site I cycled to the station and home after training.Lovely morning on the fylde coast.:sun:
1394380852781.jpg

tumblr_n26brahPGQ1sv3r9no1_500.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
closest thing I get to a sunset around here - sorry about the electricity cables, but if I move to the other side of them, you don't get the trees with the sun for some strange reason. Taken on my ride home tonight.

View attachment 39785
Lovely Emma.....and these power lines seem to get in the way of so many photos don't they :sad: Pity they couldn't all go underground but I don't think it's cost effective and would probably be harder to repair if there were faults.

Lovely Emma.....and these power lines seem to get in the way of so many photos don't they :sad: Pity they couldn't all go underground but I don't think it's cost effective and would probably be harder to repair if there were faults.
When we first moved into an old farmhouse in the Lake District - as remote as you could get (directions were "if you haven't run out of tarmac, you haven't gone far enough!") our telephone line had a fault. It would ring at the incoming end, but not at our end, however we didn't know we had a problem because we could make outgoing calls fine... It turned out that the cable was underground and it took weeks of work for it to get re-wired to resolve the problem. BT had that policy then that for every day overdue on their estimate of a repair, you got a free month's line rental (if you applied for it, that is). We didn't pay line rental for nearly 2 years! But the best bit was that the nearest telephone box was 4 miles away so no-one could get hold of us! It was bliss! (In emergencies, work had agreed to take a message for us.) The new line was above ground with the rather intermittent electricity supply (22 hrs a day only)!

young Ed

Veteran
Top Bottom