My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Your butter goes hard in the fridge too?

Camembert innit^_^

D

Deleted member 23692

Work took me here today - Lancaster Canal nr Crooklands, South Cumbria

WP_20140708_13_30_33_Pro_zpsc19ca58e.jpg

simon.r

Person
I've been off the bike for 2 weeks as I've been away from home and am in the time consuming process of moving house. I have a very dodgy knee (arthritic and limited movement) which seizes up if I don't ride. Add to that a couple of minor knocks recently and my knee was very stiff and sore.

I got out on my bike on Monday and was in significant pain, to the point where I was beginning to wonder if my cycling days were over:angry:

I had to force myself out today as I didn't want to discover that my knee was still very painful. Havving girded my loins I managed a very slow 15 miles. The pain was a lot less than Monday and was bearable. I'm hoping that a few more rides and I'll be back to normal.

So, my picture of the day is below. It's not very exciting, but the amount of pleasure I got from sitting in the sunshine with a bacon cob and a cup of tea, having ridden 8 miles to get to that point and knowing that the return journey was going to be ok and that my cycling days are far from over, was immense^_^

image.jpg

I got out on my bike on Monday and was in significant pain, to the point where I was beginning to wonder if my cycling days were over:angry:

been having trouble with numb hands lately on longish rides (>40miles.... long for me), changing gear was very difficult at times, seemed to have no strength in my fingers to push the shifters over.

Think if it continues to get worse I could go electric shifters and if the knees do start up then I saw a pic of an electric mountain bike in my Facebook feed today, so there are options albeit expensive ones to keep on the road.

Bacon bap looks good :smile:

Nearly there

Veteran
On the way back from Keswick today skiddaw int background nice 50 mile route
IMG_20140710_143000121_HDR.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I took this photo while I was in town today. I thought it looked a bit sad. All the other gravestones were created by a stonemason, and this one looked decidedly home made. The only name I could make out was Reese and perhaps Jenkins, but even the engraving of the name was done by someone other than a stonemason.
20140710_122709.jpg

Top Bottom