My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20240404_182436.jpg

Gillstay

Über Member
A very wet Croome park. Despite looking okay, most fields are ankle deep in water.

IMG_20240328_120234823_HDR.jpg

Windle

Über Member
Despite it being warm & sunny today it's been blowing a gale up here, and after nearly getting blown off a few times during yesterday evenings six and a half mile trundle round parts of my usual Cockfield Fell route I decided against a bike ride. The last time I was up at Whitley Bay I paid the homebrew shop a visit for some beer making ingredients so after putting the job off for too long I got down to brewing today.
A clone recipe of the sadly long since closed Butterknowle Brewery's Conciliation (which I've made previously years ago) was duly knocked up over a period of several hours.

GOPR0897.JPG
Mash brews always take ages but its most certainly worth it for forty pints of genuine home brewed real ale.
Malts in the mash tun.
GOPR0894.JPG
Challenger hops ready for adding.
GOPR0895.JPG
It's currently covered up & cooling, I'll pitch the yeast in the morning and look forward to a garage full of brewery smells 🍻.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Was a bit too far to go and lean my bike against the little chapel... that's 2341m of le Grand Veymont behind.

DSC05645.jpg

Top Bottom