My Trek 1.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Joe24 said:
No, i just lost mine.
Fell off my bike somewhere:wacko:

Unlucky :smile:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
aJohnson said:

I know. Still not managed to find them. I just seemed to keep riding, as the gears fell aswell, heard a clunk then that was it:wacko:
So be careful, if you hear a clunk and get a funny feeling from your pedals, like you cant stop peddling, you may well have lost your gears!

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Joe24 said:
I know. Still not managed to find them. I just seemed to keep riding, as the gears fell aswell, heard a clunk then that was it:wacko:
So be careful, if you hear a clunk and get a funny feeling from your pedals, like you cant stop peddling, you may well have lost your gears!

That didn't happen but I got another puncture in my back tyre. What is it? I get one puncture after a lot riding then the next one happens within a week.

montage

God Almighty
aJohnson said:
That didn't happen but I got another puncture in my back tyre. What is it? I get one puncture after a lot riding then the next one happens within a week.

upgrade the tyres.

montage

God Almighty
aJohnson said:
Still 2weeks(for both) saving for me :blush:
Then keep fixing those punctures :biggrin:

Btw..very nice bike...I wouldnt mind adding one to the collection :biggrin:

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

montage said:
Then keep fixing those punctures :blush:

Btw..very nice bike...I wouldnt mind adding one to the collection :biggrin:

If it happens again soon to my back tyre I'll probably end up getting a new tyre, but this could just be coincidence.

Oh and thanks, it's my first road bike and I love it.

jamesxyz

I have the 2008 model - tyres were fine until they wore out. Just had to replace the wheels after nearly 3000 miles tho' as kept breaking spokes and rims were worn out.

Glad you took the wheel reflectors off - mine came off with an almighty crack on a fast descent after a few weeks, Made me nearly fill my pants and chipped loads of paint off the back of the forks.

Watch for the cables ribbing on the paint work. My rear brake cable has worn the paint through to the alluminium through constant rubbing.

BorderCollieSam

If it really is a crack then yeah i'd be worried and i certainly wouldn't go riding it like it, i've seen some very nasty accidents caused by frame failure.....and one was a Trek.

However, Trek warranty is one of the best, they warrant the frame for life, get onto your dealer, you may even get this years model 2010 as a replacement:smile:

Top Bottom