National Grid Vehicle Safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
no i don't believe it can. If it could, and the driver did, they would be in trouble i'm sure, National Grid takes safety very seriously and if they put something in place like this they would not be expecting it to be turned off. I can check for sure but i'm 99.9% certain it can't be turned off. . why do you ask? is there a circumstance under which you think it should be, or are you wondering if the driver can be naughty?
I was concerned that it may be turned off by the driver ? my reason the daughter recently bought a new car with reversing sensors which drove her other half mad to the point where he disconected them ! ok pointless buying it in the first place but if this happened in this situation it just seems like a lot of hard work for nothing.But if as you say it may not be able to or at least have the ability to be checked upon them I am happy with that.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
I was concerned that it may be turned off by the driver ? my reason the daughter recently bought a new car with reversing sensors which drove her other half mad to the point where he disconected them ! ok pointless buying it in the first place but if this happened in this situation it just seems like a lot of hard work for nothing.But if as you say it may not be able to or at least have the ability to be checked upon them I am happy with that.
As far as i am aware there is no "on/off button". If the driver was to disconnect it (ie pull out some wire or other), it would imagine it would be likely to result in disciplinary action. National Grid have a very strict safety culture and everyone knows the consequences of disregarding it, so even if there was an "off button" i doubt very much whether anyone would dare use it. I will ask the fleet guy when i go back to work but i'm 99% sure this will be his answer. .

Drago

Legendary Member

Wouldn't it be easier if daughter boyfriend simply stopped driving backwards everywhere?

Ern1e

Über Member
As far as i am aware there is no "on/off button". If the driver was to disconnect it (ie pull out some wire or other), it would imagine it would be likely to result in disciplinary action. National Grid have a very strict safety culture and everyone knows the consequences of disregarding it, so even if there was an "off button" i doubt very much whether anyone would dare use it. I will ask the fleet guy when i go back to work but i'm 99% sure this will be his answer. .
Thanks @bugg it's not that I am "picking nits" but due to the incident I mentioned before which all he had to do was remove 1 fuse to stop it working then if it is that easy to do then it just seems a whole load of work for nothing, so I do hope this is not the case with this system. Now @Drago it would except the street they live on you either have to drive in and back out or vise versa lol so it did seem to go off quite a lot whilst they reversed back past other vehicle@s ! so may be it was just set incorrectly or what I don't know.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Thanks @bugg it's not that I am "picking nits" but due to the incident I mentioned before which all he had to do was remove 1 fuse to stop it working then if it is that easy to do then it just seems a whole load of work for nothing, so I do hope this is not the case with this system. Now @Drago it would except the street they live on you either have to drive in and back out or vise versa lol so it did seem to go off quite a lot whilst they reversed back past other vehicle@s ! so may be it was just set incorrectly or what I don't know.
I asked today and there is no override , so the answer is a sound no, they can't turn it off without dismantling the system and they would be in SERIOUS trouble if they did that.

Ern1e

Über Member
I asked today and there is no override , so the answer is a sound no, they can't turn it off without dismantling the system and they would be in SERIOUS trouble if they did that.
Thanks all we can hope for now is this system is fitted to more heavy vehicles. and a further well done to you and National Grid for taking this matter seriously.

Top Bottom