Nervous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TWBNK

About a year ago there was a paramedic cycle response unit set up in the area that I work, at the time I didn't feel fit enough to apply for this as my journey into work alone was enough to turn me into a wreck.

A year later I have cycled to work pretty much every shift I could, I have cycled through the winter and I feel a lot healthier and fitter, so naturally when the training was advertised again I applied along with my better half.

I have the fitness test tomorrow morning and I am full of nerves about it. Straight after my test the wife has hers. I am hoping that we have both done enough with our health and fitness in the last year to get on to the course.

longers

Legendary Member
Good luck to both of you.

joolsybools

Go for it! Whenever you feel nervous just try to concentrate on your breathing - consciously doing slow equal inhales and exhales (say 2-3 seconds each inhale, 2-3 each exhale). Do this a few times and you will feel calmer.

Good luck, let us know how you get on. I noticed a place like this in Soho and wondered what the job might be like.

Yes, good luck, just be sure to stay fit in case I need you ;) Adrenaline helps in these tests just use it carefully.

OP
OP
TWBNK

TWBNK

Thanks for the good luck messages, I am off for mine now and the missus is going in a bit later. We will let you know how it went.

redjedi

Über Member
Good luck TWBNK and other half.

Are you already a paramedic or is this a complete career change?

OP
OP
TWBNK

TWBNK

Wahoo, we passed!!!!

We are both paramedics and have got into cycling over the last year. When the first training came up we felt no where near fit enough so it has been great to see the difference that a year has made.

Now we wait to see when the training is and after that we may get the odd shift in Liverpool or Chester as well as any big events in the area.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well done ... you will have to be fit to lug around those big panniers they seem to have in the photos... do you know how heavy they are?

Top Bottom