new bike, test ride :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

so the new bike is built, the gears set, the brakes braking but not breaking :smile: and the saddle and bars adjusted
just a little 5 mile spin but enough to see that everything was running fine and smooth. even managed a new PB on my favorite strava segment, after more than 6 months of thrashing along it on the old bike :tongue:

this is the only pic i have of it and it really doesn't do it justice :sad:
001_zps75871856.jpg

scott speedster 2009, hydroformed alu frame with carbon forks, bontrager wheels fitted new this year, brand new black bar tape, 105 groupset apart from crankset (might be compag i forget) and tektro brake calipers
love the 105 levers and rear mech, they look and feel and work so good :biggrin: :biggrin:

time for a proper ride tomorrow i say :bicycle:
Cheers Ed

Are you 5'11"? Leg length? Could you push that seat up a bit more?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
He probably has moved seat up a bit .in the pic it was set for the previous owner (me)

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran

He probably has moved seat up a bit .in the pic it was set for the previous owner (me)
indeed i have moved the seat up somewhat higher than in the photo as i am about 5'11" or 6'0"

I think the crank set is FSA Ed. FSA stands for Full Speed Ahead so there ya go.
Full speed ahead for Ed but the crankset is a truvativ elita
was just about to say that @Banjo would probably know! you know that bike inside out without having it anywhere near you :tongue:
do you know what BB it is? just so that if/when it does go i know what to order and what tool i need
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
indeed @Stephen Piper we will have to organise another ride some point soon
PM if you like
Cheers Ed

Cyclist33

indeed i have moved the seat up somewhat higher than in the photo as i am about 5'11" or 6'0"

was just about to say that @Banjo would probably know! you know that bike inside out without having it anywhere near you :tongue:
do you know what BB it is? just so that if/when it does go i know what to order and what tool i need
Cheers Ed
Dunno but the elite on an old bike had a Sram GXP BB

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Dunno but the elite on an old bike had a Sram GXP BB
Yes. Its gxp cups with english threads.

Its running smoothly now so leave it for now.if you do need to ever replace use same number of spacers as on it now.
Ps safer to put stand clamp on seatpost.could damage top tube.'

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Yes. Its gxp cups with english threads.

Its running smoothly now so leave it for now.if you do need to ever replace use same number of spacers as on it now.
Ps safer to put stand clamp on seatpost.could damage top tube.'
yes, i am going to start storing by seatpost post but i stupidly put the seat post in last when building it so i couldn't have clamped it by that :tongue: you will be pleased to know that plenty of grease was used :biggrin:

Nice bike enjoy it , but that wallpaper has got to go ...damn
it's not mine, i'm in kent and @Banjo the owner of the offending wallpaper is in south wales!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom