New: Featured Threads

Shaun

Founder
Hello everyone,

I've installed a new add-on that allows us to feature threads on the main forum pages - they appear at the top of the page and also all together on the Featured Threads page (see the new navigation button).

Featured threads are intended to promote the best of what our community has to offer; fun, interesting, informative threads, and lively debates that you can drop into quickly if you've only got a few minutes to spare, or dig into if you've read everything in What's New!

Oh, and if one of your threads gets featured you'll get an alert to let you know - so keep those new threads coming. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One thing I have just thought of, Shaun ...

Since the whole point of the feature is to display a prominent snippet of the first post in a thread, could you please make sure that you never feature any post that includes a spoiler in that snippet!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
That shouldn't be an issue when XF 1.3 is released (due soon) - it comes with a new Spoiler BB tag. :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
But it doesn't changed how threads look or function. Or am I missing something? :scratch:

ScotiaLass

Guru
You should have been here we moved to the XenForo forum software :thumbsup:
LOL
It takes time but I usually get used to the change, if I don't and can't work with it then...
Put it this way, when Windows 8 was launched I was given a brand new laptop...I hated it and returned it and put the money towards a MacBook pro.
Our desktop is a Mac too now, and I used them at college for 3 years before I took the plunge! :laugh:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The mod team will select and feature threads they feel will be of interest, but members can suggest using the report button.

It cannot be turned off as at the moment, but I've spoken to the developer about an option to disable/enable it per style and he's going to look into it.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom