T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
screenshot_2014-02-04_1136.png

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Thanks - just discovered that one this morning too. The developer is putting in a fix so it should be resolved soon; in the meantime we'll not feature threads with vids at the start. :thumbsup:

[Edit: The developer has sent me a fix, which I'll test later when I get home!]

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

It's also white, and doesn't blend with the remainder of the forum style.

I looks like something a 1st year student started as a project 30mins before hometime on a friday and released monday before the kettle boiled.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
It's also white, and doesn't blend with the remainder of the forum style.

I looks like something a 1st year student started as a project 30mins before hometime on a friday and released monday before the kettle boiled.
It isn't white (well not now anyway if Shaun has changed it), it's actually RGB (248, 248, 248)

It can be completely styled to suit the forum - everything from font, font size, colours, the information along the bottom etc. I think your comment about 1st year student is way too harsh, there's actually a heck of a lot of work by the developer gone into making this and it'
s functionality, it's up to site admins to customise the appearance to suit their sites.

As someone who doesn't frequent this site as often as I should, I think it's a great feature as it highlights threads that I would never normally look at or even find on a bit site like this. :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

It isn't white (well not now anyway if Shaun has changed it), it's actually RGB (248, 248, 248)

It can be completely styled to suit the forum - everything from font, font size, colours, the information along the bottom etc. I think your comment about 1st year student is way too harsh, there's actually a heck of a lot of work by the developer gone into making this and it'
s functionality, it's up to site admins to customise the appearance to suit their sites.

As someone who doesn't frequent this site as often as I should, I think it's a great feature as it highlights threads that I would never normally look at or even find on a bit site like this. :smile:
The massive ugly box does not blend in with the forum style,and the fonts used are ridiculously big. Makes no difference how you want to spin it, it doesn't work..

The sooner it can be turned off the better.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Most of the ones 'featured' so far have nothing interesting in them to me, I don't like it. It's like canned laughter forced upon me by people who neither know me or know what I'm interested in.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
The massive ugly box does not blend in with the forum style,and the fonts used are ridiculously big. Makes no difference how you want to spin it, it doesn't work..

The sooner it can be turned off the better.
Did you read my post properly? Doesn't seem so...

ALL of it can be styled - fonts and box size too.

Personally I like it and hope that it stays. Fair enough if there's a style that folks can use that doesn't have it but I think it should remain in the main style.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Most of the ones 'featured' so far have nothing interesting in them to me, I don't like it. It's like canned laughter forced upon me by people who neither know me or know what I'm interested in.
Looks like adverts imho.
Consider also that some people make their screen resolution bigger because they cannae see without reading glasses :whistle: the new box takes up a good bit of my screen.
Nevertheless, we will get used to it in time, I guess.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Did you read my post properly? Doesn't seem so...

ALL of it can be styled - fonts and box size too.

Personally I like it and hope that it stays. Fair enough if there's a style that folks can use that doesn't have it but I think it should remain in the main style.
But hasn't been.

Top Bottom