New PB!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Brahan said:
.. this is prooving to be the butt of all the jokes in the club, a constant piss take infact..

F*** 'em. Sub 23 minutes is good going, plenty riders with fancy kit can't do that (and I'm one of them).

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Brahan said:
C this is prooving to be the butt of all the jokes in the club, a constant piss take infact, so tonight will be funny rocking up to a new club on it.

Nothing wrong with a singlespeed/fixed for doing TTs. The best thing is when your not far off the top riders on a singlespeed/fixed, and your beating many other people who took the piss, but are doing slower times.
I love doing it on fixed, i have people saying wheres my gears and i just laugh at them. When i roll up to the start i say, "hang on am i in the right gear, bloody hell my shifters and have stopped working" and if someone says something about doing it on fixed then i just laugh at them.
My other trick was going up to someone with a very expensive bike, and going, "Oooooh what do these do, my bike doesnt have these" and changing gear for him, then changing back. He accused me of messing with his karma:laugh:;)
And the other thing i get is people saying, "oh what gear do you have" expecting a small one, then i say 94 and they be quiet:laugh:
Blank these piss takers, and just go faster then them!!

OP
OP
B

Brahan

Über Member
Oh, we've got to put the piss taking into context here. It's banter more than actual pisstake. If it was real then I wouldn't blab about it on 'internet. They're a really good bunch of guys, very supportive.

I'm still not 100% if I'm going to keep it single but what I like about it is the fact that when you need more speed you have to up your power. What it's teaching me on inclines is that I need to stamp on the pedals a lot more and make my body work harder rather than down shift.

Hopefully over the long term it will have good results. This is my first full year of cycling so still plenty of time. ;)

Top Bottom