New Road bike £2000 - £2500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Agree with AlexRoy regarding the Fuji Transonic range. The Fuji bikes seem good value in general and I've just bought the Roubaix 1.3 for my son. RRP £990.00, on clearance at Evans for £840.00.

The Transonic range is on clearance at Evans too at the moment and they look like great value. Well specced, reasonably light, eye catching. Only slight niggle for me would be the BB30 bottom bracket.

OP
OP
golty

golty

Regular
I'm a little bit concerned with the BMC's now, was at a sportive today with well over 1k riders and I didn't see one BMC bike. Can't have looked hard enough.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm a little bit concerned with the BMC's now, was at a sportive today with well over 1k riders and I didn't see one BMC bike. Can't have looked hard enough.
I did Ride London, 24,000 riders, I didn't see one other Pearson...that's a GOOD thing as above...get something different! Or if you want to run with the herd, get a Spacialized Tarmac and be done with it ;)

Ajay

Veteran
Trek emonda sl 6
Although if it were my money I'd be getting an Emonda Alr 6 (Amazing top end Ally frame) and use the £700 I'd save from the budget to get a decent winter/commuter bike.

Citius

I did Ride London, 24,000 riders, I didn't see one other Pearson...that's a GOOD thing as above...get something different! Or if you want to run with the herd, get a Spacialized Tarmac and be done with it ;)

I suppose it all depends on whether 'standing out' is important to the OP. You will see lots of Giant TCRs and Tarmacs at races. Not because people want to 'run with the herd' - but because they are good, solid competition bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't believe BMC make bad bikes however. The OP is spending a chunk of change, thus he should ride or at least check out as many bikes as he can. He has a very short short list given the range of bikes out there. He's just thinking about racing, thus I expect the performance will come from him rather than marginal gains from the bike...I can't imagine it matters that much as long as he feels good riding it

I have zero interest in racing and thus 'competition bikes' and don't want to ride the same bike as everyone else I see on the roads. I also prefer to support my local bike business hence the Pearson

Citius

I have zero interest in racing and thus 'competition bikes' and don't want to ride the same bike as everyone else I see on the roads. I also prefer to support my local bike business hence the Pearson

That's fine. Unfortunately though, this thread is about racing.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Try Giants TCR , Its a cracking race bike . Then get a cheap TT bike to see if you like it TT .
Would have to agree here . If I was in your position it'll be a TCR SL without a shadow of a doubt. Probably the stiffest bike on the market right now, which means if you're looking to race next season your going to generate serious wattage/power from that back wheel.
I wouldn't say a bike fit should be your priority. Get the bike that suits you first, then get a fit. Honestly man, check out the TCR

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
In the Giant concept store a few weeks ago and the Sales guy was trying to talk a punter out of a Propel in favour of a TCR, due to comfort / long rides. Not to say that Propel would be uncomfortable and I still want one myself... Would be worth testing both? They will let you take a bike and have it for a day or two before commiting.

Top Bottom