New "Stay Back" sticker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
That's quite a lot of text, although I'd welcome another paragraph telling you how sorry they are that they just overtook you too close and have put you in a dangerous position, with all their hundreds of pounds of safety equipment.

Garethgas

I think they've got a damned cheek.
One of the problems with this sort of thing is it might catch on and soon everybody will have them in order to assume some kind of authority on the road.
A bit like the 'If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you' stickers.
Although an experienced cyclist would ride in his mirrors, an inexperienced one might not.
The onus is on the DRIVER to be aware of his surroundings at ALL times, compensating for his blind spots, not trying to absolve themselves of their responsibility.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I kind of like the 'if you can't see my mirrors' notices because it's a generic reminder about the blind spots on the vehicle. I've never seen them as an option to claim absolution. The 'Stay Back' bit of the stay back stickers is what causes me the most problems, it's not about saying 'hey, we're all sharing the road so let's be careful' rather it's 'if you come close to me, it's your own damn fault'. Possibly not helped by the fact that they are often (but not always) on vehicles that are being driven poorly anyway. Or maybe I just look out for them once I've been cut up by a van...

Sara_H

Guru
I spotted this on a bus in Sheffield today, in fact all the First buses in Sheffield seem to have them. I don't think these are as offensive as some of the TFL ones, but I do think its interesting that the vehicle in the image is a lorry not a bus.
The vehicle I took the photo of also had a share the road logo on.
F29B27DC-D502-4F4B-BA22-16D5C169E858_zpsbtfhiqqt.png

EB1EF3F3-E0E8-4D6B-A1AF-1FEB1EB8B41A_zpswmxwcegq.png

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I came past a box van this morning which had a "Cyclists Stay back" sticker on the back door. On the side was another

"Pedestrians stay away from this vehicle".

No kidding.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Surely when filtering up the inside of a stationary vehicle (if there is adequate space) you are visible in their mirrors. Only a lunatic (or a London cyclist) would undertake a moving HGV/PSV.
BUT why do bus drivers think that the advance cycle box at traffic lights is also for them :cursing: I've very often knocked on their door and said " that's a big pushbike ain't it"..............blank looks in return.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Surely when filtering up the inside of a stationary vehicle (if there is adequate space) you are visible in their mirrors. Only a lunatic (or a London cyclist) would undertake a moving HGV/PSV.
BUT why do bus drivers think that the advance cycle box at traffic lights is also for them :cursing: I've very often knocked on their door and said " that's a big pushbike ain't it"..............blank looks in return.
Not all London cyclists undertake moving large vehicles; or are we all credited with no sense because we live in London?

Top Bottom