News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
There is a God :smile:

A little earlier, I noticed a lot of shouting out in the street and looked to see what appeared to an Audi A6 driver parking using 2 spaces (one of which is marked disabled) and Focus driver who was asking him to move it so he could use the adjacent spot but the Audi driver refused and Focus driver eventually gave in and moved on.

There is a traffic warden attaching a parking ticket to the windscreen of the A6 as I type :smile:

Sadly people can be fined for illegal parking but there are no laws to fine someone for being a selfish, obnoxious <insert desired swear word>

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That's moobs for you Vern..... :tongue:

If you've got them flaunt them. :tongue:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A vulcan bomber flew over my house this afternoon on its way to its final destination ever which is a large airfield in Leicestershire. The cost of keeping it airworthy has sky rocketed and keeping it going is no longer a viable proposition.

The airfield at which the plane will be kept covers an area of around 680 acres. Although the plane will never be allowed to take off again, the owners intend to keep the engines on the plane and will occasionally allow the aircraft to travel the 2 miles down the runway, under its own power.

I understand it costs around 2 million pounds each year in Maintainance, and rolls royce have decided not to continue to keep or supply spare parts for the plane.

Seeing it fly over was fantastic to say the least.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Is it me or is the website taking a long time to load tonight. The little picture thingys aren't coming up on most posts.

Top Bottom