News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Wifey had one of her palpitations followed by high blood pressure that get the medical profession in a panic. Ended up in A&E for six hours (£12 parking), hence no lunch! Apparently her systolic blood pressure rose to a department record after being there a little while. One nurse commented she didn't believe in white coat syndrome! In the end, after some medication, they managed to get it down and we got sent home. It took longer than I expected but the result fits previous experience.

Last edited:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Doing a geophysics survey today, a dust devil went right over us, subjecting us to a momentary spiralling howling gale that liberally coated us with dust and grit, plus a shower of small stones, before it collapsed 50m away. A bit spooky being inside it but it was short-lived.

Daughter iphone broke last night, needed a phone desperately as I saw her off on the train this morning to Scotland to do the JOGGLE with 3 university friends ( 3 girls one boy) . Luckily the guy doing apointments at the iphone store is a cyclist and squeezed her in at 21:40, hey presto new phone under warranty. Now praying the trip goes fine as she is the only real cyclist and she has not done a lot of training but the others are the ones who are probably going to be doing more suffering than her.

Hyslop

Veteran
Typically,I have managed to lose the actual newspaper in which the report appeared,however our local rag,theNews & Star,yesterday reported that a length of dry stone wall has been stolen from somewhere in West Cumberland!The mind boggles!So if youre offered a dry stone wall in your local-ring Crimestoppers:smile:

Top Bottom