News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My work colleague has broken out in itchy spots all over his body including his bald head within 5 minutes of eating at the local cafe. He has taken antihistamine and booked himself a emergency apointment at the docs and gone home.
He has no known allergies, wierd.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Meep. Hope it stays as an allergy and doesn't become anaphylaxis.

He's in his 50's and never been allergic to anything, 3 of us ate at the same place and my other work mate had exactly the same food. He is a type 2 diabetic and I did a search on what it could be if related to diabetes and one of the things it threw up looked a bit like what he had,(

Eruptive Xanthomatosis)
but he said if it was he would have been very ill. He waited around at work for nearly a hour just to ensure he was not going to start feeling ill before he was allowed home. So I am fairly sure he would not go into anaphylaxis.

TVC

No, I've been told I've got to use a tray in future!
The litter tray?

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Mrs ID won a Tilley hat for me on Ebay and it just arrived, fits a treat and is like new (as they tend to be for quite a while).
The description said 'Sorry, no manual.' but the obviously washed-a-few-times Instruction Leaflet revealed itself, along with the emergency £10 Note and recommendations leaflet plastic bag, under the label, which is a hidden pocket on these. The previous owner never found it. :smile:

Katherine

Guru
Mrs ID won a Tilley hat for me on Ebay and it just arrived, fits a treat and is like new (as they tend to be for quite a while).
The description said 'Sorry, no manual.' but the obviously washed-a-few-times Instruction Leaflet revealed itself, along with the emergency £10 Note and recommendations leaflet plastic bag, under the label, which is a hidden pocket on these. The previous owner never found it. :smile:

I've just looked inside Mr. K's Tilley hat. He also has instructions in the hidden pocket which he says he knew about, but no emergency tenner- your seller must have forgotten he'd put it there.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
but no emergency tenner- your seller must have forgotten he'd put it there.
Ahhhh. so Mr K tells you...:okay:
The leaflet contained within is a brag sheet apparently, for you to tear off the address and details of Tilley if anyone asks about your beautiful hat and where they might purchase one themselves.
The emergency £10 is a suggestion (Anglicised, they suggest $10) for the plastic bag's further use should you want to, like I currently carry in a compartment in my saddlebag.
Of course, you might have known all of this and I just missed your sarcasm.. if so I apologise.:smile:

Hyslop

Veteran
Not quite sure where else this could go-an exciting sight(for me at least!)this lunchtime,flying South West over Carlisle,a biplane!Battling the wind and climbing,it was quite a sight and sound.Of course,it was the one point in the day when I had to shield my eyes,so quite what it was I cant say!

Top Bottom