News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Is that the painting on your avatar?
Yes, this is the full version
WP_20150609_004.jpg

buggi

Bird Saviour
View attachment 97617 My wife who was a complete beginner and scared of anything that looked like a downward slope last year has just managed the Oak Tree Drop at Hadliegh MTB course today on her ladies only skills course. ( picture isnt my missus but it is the drop)
I'm really confident on the road,I can handle pretty much any traffic situation or road design thrown at me, even the lads at work raise their eyebrows when I say I'll happily tackle certain junctions and roundabouts... But show me a downhill slope and I poo my pants. The most I've done on my MTB is ride down a few steps.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Like hell. 02!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
2.9 litre diesel?
Yes and automatic. Lost 5mpg on our current vehicle but on the motorway this one was holding 45-50mpg so that is fine. Very little of our miles are town work luckily and mpg is much better than my last vehicle (as in one before this) which was a 2.8l v6 4 wheel drive.... 22mpg on a good day though to be fair we got around 40mpg on the m way in summer!

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes and automatic. Lost 5mpg on our current vehicle but on the motorway this one was holding 45-50mpg so that is fine. Very little of our miles are town work luckily and mpg is much better than my last vehicle (as in one before this) which was a 2.8l v6 4 wheel drive.... 22mpg on a good day though to be fair we got around 40mpg on the m way in summer!
Seems to have an oil leak in the picture!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Seems to have an oil leak in the picture!
No, no oil leak. Just over a puddle plus the head of someone taking the photograph as a shadow.
We have checked all that and the engine is sound, in fact everything is sound. It's a good vehicle thankfully. But I'll double check it when we collect it next week. It will have been standing for a while then and cold.

Top Bottom