No macho jobs left in Britain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

djtheglove said:
I agree The thought of getting dirty to a lot of young people these days seems unacceptable!

It was part of life when i was yong it had no stigma attached to it then! Now it seems to suggest to others that a working man is in some way stupid!

Being serious (just for a few seconds), I reckon that 'youngsters' nowadays are mostly good people. And certainly not as bad as portrayed by the gutter-living spineless media scum.

FBOAB

Can't agree more. The amount of times I've been talked down to by some spotty seventeen year old thinking they know everything because they work in an office an you are covered in sh1t... GOD I'm only 36 and I sound as though I should be at retiring age...!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Noodley said:
Being serious (just for a few seconds), I reckon that 'youngsters' nowadays are mostly good people. And certainly not as bad as portrayed by the gutter-living spineless media scum.

I agree with you Noodley most young people are great, I think something has changed in our culture, Blair trying to get everyone "educated" was well intended but we don't all need degrees!

Noodley

djtheglove said:
I agree with you Noodley most young people are great, I think something has changed in our culture, Blair trying to get everyone "educated" was well intended but we don't all need degrees!

If I had had any skill or aptitude for manual stuff I would have left school much earlier and got a trade. As it was I did not so stayed on and bumbled through University. I had loads of jobs when I was at Uni, most of them on building sites as a labourer or in factories - I tried my hand at skilled trades when I was working but found out I was shoot.

I am now in the position where I can help people who have few skills and/or opportunities, so I suppose it has been worthwhile.

I reckon the government we need to start taking a serious look at what is important and how we can support the next generation.

Abitrary

jonesy said:
I agree. It is a disgrace that practical skills and craftmanship are not as highly valued as 'graduate' work. Thinking back to when I was in school, a lot of the kids who left after their O levels and went straight into a 'trade' are now much better off than a lot of those who remained in education because of the pressure to get a degree. They've got good incomes and nice houses, as well as being able to work in the area they grew up in. Meaningful work gave them a lot more maturity at an earlier age than the rest of us who went off drinking and arssing about at university (and our parents' homes) well into our mid twenties...:sad:

What like the 1920s? Does modern memory work that far back?

Abitrary

djtheglove said:
No it does not! However I doubt you will remember what you said on here when you wake up in the morning!

You idiot. I doubt you'll remember what you said on here after your lobotomy.

Wait till you have a gang on here, like I have, before you start chucking mud.

Noodley

djtheglove said:
I believe they (the horsey set) are crying out for farriers in the UK, and once youv'e done the apprenticeship it is possible to earn a whole lot of money!

I am led to believe farriers can earn quite a considerable sum. I know this from having to pay for their services. :ohmy:xx(:biggrin: (Mrs Noodley knows the farrier and he earned just over 100k last year!!!! This is 'earnings' not turnover...)

I am trying to point elder Noodlette towards this....;)

DJ

Abitrary said:
You idiot. I doubt you'll remember what you said on here after your lobotomy.

Wait till you have a gang on here, like I have, before you start chucking mud.

Ok sorry , no offence meant ! I just noticed you were a bit spikey, and thought you might take the bate, looks like I was right!

;)

Abitrary

djtheglove said:
Yes .......................Well ! Thats one way of dealing with it!

Don't know what that's supposed to mean. But like I say, I have an awful lot of admirers on here, girls included, who will spaz you up if you try it on.

DJ

Abitrary said:
Don't know what that's supposed to mean. But like I say, I have an awful lot of admirers on here, girls included, who will spaz you up if you try it on.

What do you mean by "try it on"?

With the women on here? -No I have one.

With you? -No I am not that way inclined!

Top Bottom