Non cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I was a die hard cyclist up to about 2yrs ago. Now I’d class myself as a non cyclist . Spend more of my time on this forum in the non cycling threads :laugh:

Used to get excited about new kit , new bikes etc ? Completely lost my mojo for it , doubt whether I’ll ever get back on the bike . Dare I say it the way my knees are it might have to be an leccy one if I do !

Anyone else ?

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Sorry to hear that Mr G . In my time as a “ serious “ cyclist late teens to now late 60’s I have gone through periods of loss of enthusiasm for cycling but it has returned.
Hope your cycling buddies Mo & Jo return even if there E powered.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
There are days i don't feel like it but cycling for me is a utilitarian endeavour rather than specifically as entertainment or a hobby although i do enjoy it for the most part. I haven't driven a car in 6 months and financially im all about it. So, i guess its more of a necessity for me. I still ride my elephant bike and my fat bike and have no interest in Strava or other cycling gadgets other than lights. Im not sure what cycling is/was to you but perhaps the gadgets and kit was what kept you going but you've gotten bored of that and perhaps see no reason to cycle? I can see though why this time of year if it is optional exercise why you might not feel like it.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Was more serious commuter and as a source of exercise . I think the fun has gone now, I was investing 2 and bit hrs a day just cycling too and from work . I can now drive the same in and out in a total of say 40/50 mins and get stuff done when I get back ?!

Jameshow

Veteran
When I'm running I miss the sense of exploring that cycling gives you over running.

I hope I don't give up cycling till I'm 80 or illness Strikes as it did my dad. Hope to get alot more in as the kids get older, Mrs and I aren't very close so cycling is my escape.

If your in a rut try something else a electric bike? or folding bike and take the train to somewhere else??

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I like going to places I have never been before and just looking around as well as places familiar to me.
Cycling is the best way as then you are going slow enough to see everything but fast enough to move on when required.
I now use a trike and have just added one with e assist to the stable. If my health holds out I hope to continue but at 87 time is getting short.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was a die hard cyclist up to about 2yrs ago. Now I’d class myself as a non cyclist . Spend more of my time on this forum in the non cycling threads :laugh:

Used to get excited about new kit , new bikes etc ? Completely lost my mojo for it , doubt whether I’ll ever get back on the bike . Dare I say it the way my knees are it might have to be an leccy one if I do !

Anyone else ?

You are @potsy AICMFP

All uphill

Still rolling along
I lose the desire to cycle for two or three days after a big ride or tour, so I am familiar with the feeling of not wanting to get out there. As soon as I recover from mental and physical fatigue I'm bursting to get out there again.

@MrGrumpy I hope you have found something as healthy to enjoy.

gbb

Legendary Member
yep me too. Haven't cycled since maybe October, November, osteoarthritis just making it impossible.

A former die hard cyclist who would happily hammer myself for a normal 50 mile ride and never saw myself doing anything else, i actually don't miss it, how can you when it causes too much pain ?
I still enjoy being part of this community, as summer comes, no doubt the ebike will resurface from the shed, its all good.

Top Bottom