Not happy with my local bike shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stinboy

Über Member
Have you spoken to the shop about this yet? This could be and probably is a genuine mistake that, if they are a well respected outfit as you say, they will rectify with no fuss.

The number of posts in this thread immediately jumping to the conclusion that they have done this deliberately and you should immediately 'name and shame' the shop is disappointing and naive. Small businesses trade on their reputation and people will make mistakes on occasion. If they give you static when you complain then fair enough, but give them the opportunity to put things right.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Thank you all for your words of advice and wisdom. I,m off out now to pay them a visit. It will all probably be a storm in a tea cup and be sorted hassle free.
On another note I'm pleasantly surprised by how much smoother and quieter the bike is, now it's been replaced. It wasn't bad before to be honest. There was no discernible knocks or creaks ,but now the new one is fitted, you could tell that the old one was rumbling throughout the frame. ( a bit like my aging body :-))

snorri

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with naming them. If its happened to you then there's a chance it could happen to somebody else. A decent LBS would investigate why it happened and take steps to prevent recurrence, such as retraining inexperienced staff or sacking useless ones.
Unfair to name them before discussing the problem with them and finding out how they intend to resolve the issue.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
All sorted now. They didn't give me an explanation to why they fitted it but they did give me a full refund with no issues. I wont name and shame the shop because they were more than helpful to resolve the matter but I don't think i would personally recommend or use them again.
Once again many thanks to you all for your help and advice.
johnny

midlife

Guru
Glad it's all sorted. :smile:. They probably couldn't give you an explanation because your brother in law had removed the BB they fitted so they could not examine the work they had carried out....they were very helpful in giving you a full refund and not mentioning why you didn't bring it back as it left their shop.

Shaun

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
All sorted now. They didn't give me an explanation to why they fitted it but they did give me a full refund with no issues. I wont name and shame the shop because they were more than helpful to resolve the matter but I don't think i would personally recommend or use them again.
Once again many thanks to you all for your help and advice.
johnny

I can understand why you may not use them again, but it's always best to part on good terms, not least because you never know when you might be in a jam and need their help.

Hello Yellow Saddle.
I wasn't shunning my brother in law. In fact I am very grateful towards him for all the help and support that he has offered over the last few months.

Good. Friends are hard to come by, especially mecanically savvy ones with lots of tools. You did say EX-BIL though, as if you were going to divorce him. Anyway, I know what you mean. I'm just not sure what you would call such a relative.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
My posts can sound a little confusing buddy especially when I've lost my reading glasses and sausage fingers on my small key pads phone.:-))

snorri

Legendary Member
All sorted now. ........ they were more than helpful to resolve the matter but I don't think i would personally recommend or use them again.
One hit and you're out, seems a bit harsh to me..
You could quickly run out of bike shops or indeed any service providers, unless you are a city dweller.

Top Bottom