Och aye the noo….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
You're only 34 man, get out there and do it.
You don't want to get involved in any of this training nonsense, LEJOG is the training, mental and physical, you get cycle fit as you go.:smile:
If you could do 40 miles on a canal towpath, you could manage more on a tarred road, say 50 or 60 miles, so that puts a 20 day LEJOG within your capabilities already.
You will have to decide about overnight stops..... tent, B&B, hostel, hotels, also how you will get to/from LE/JOG.
Just don't get saddled with a "friend" in a support vehicle like these TdF wimps, that just complicates the issue, more things to go wrong:smile:.
Oh and welcome to the forum from another eastcoaster^_^.
you're not very nice are you?you have made me decide that once i have changed the BB and got the lightest most basic luggage i am off with a bike and a bivy bag when i am 16 next year. i think my last post before leaving may be saying, nice knowing you all!
Another och aye the noobie, eh? Anyone would think it's summer in Scotland!

Anyhow, :welcome:;)
summer in scotland, is that possible?
Cheers Ed

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome from Glasgow :hello:
Congrats on the massive weight loss, you'll do the LEGJOG or JOGLEG whatever :laugh: no probs.
Don't ask me nothing either or you'll get a silly answer :biggrin:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Welcome

Good place to get some longer rides in are on cc Ecosse rides. We ride as a very social group oth a wide range of bikes & abilities. Watch out in informal rides for upcoming meets, and join in the chat in the irn bru thread in the cafe section together to know everyone and share your progress

Top Bottom