odd building layout?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just over the road from me, they've built a couple of flats in a tiny bit of dead space - done quite well really to fit in flats and a couple of garages. Anyway, I can't help wondering if someone got the plans turned through 90 degrees...

S7001694-1.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense to have those big windows on the side, facing the open air, than on the front, about 6 feet away from another building? The lower one especially won't get much light. There's no way that building in front is going anywhere, I think it's a couple of hundred years old and listed...

dodgy

I'd say that the land on the side of the building is prime for redevelopment too, hence no windows that side.

Greedo

Being in the business i'd say the land next to it is prime for development and I would bet that a condition of the flats is they have no windows overlooking where the new build will be. Might be wrong as it's difficult to say but you never know. I've seen stranger things

Canrider

Guru
Which way is north?

Also, the sign is hawking land with permission for 12 apartments and a detached home, so dodgy may be on to something there..

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Canrider said:
Which way is north?

Also, the sign is hawking land with permission for 12 apartments and a detached home, so dodgy may be on to something there..

Those 'hidden' windows are facing north and the mainly blank wall faces west.

I did wonder about the other development thing, but from what the sign says, and what I know is there, and you guys can't, I'd think the development is going to be in the big ex-warehouse set back from the road, out of shot, not on that bit of land. It'll make a great development too, if they are clever about it - I'd assume that bit of land was going to be car parking spaces for the new development, which are sorely lacking in the area otherwise. The listed building is also part of the development I think, as the "detached house". Well, it's detatched I guess, strictly speaking, but those flats are pretty close.... I'm not sure whether it has windows round the back there....

Top Bottom