Off on holiday anywhere nice this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Well?

We are on a budget this year, so staying at folks house in southern Spain for 2 weeks at the end of August. With NO kids :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: They are going with my parents the 2 weeks before us!

4 week this summer just me and the good lady wife! first time its been just us for more than 10 days ever! :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm back in England for a week on the 12th July (my only holiday this summer) but hope to be going to Australia for 2-3 months in November.

And then a month in Asia in Feb/March. :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was meant to do a 2 week driving holiday thorough the Deserts of the Western USA with a mate in May, however due to unforeseen circumstances had to cancel. Now rescheduled for September. Fly to LA, pick up car head north east through the deserts to the Bonneville Salt Flats and Salt Lake City, head south to Moab, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon into Arizona, turn west back to LA along the Mexican border.. marvellous.. 3000 miles in 2 weeks.. real Americana..

Leaving the missus at home, (The US Deserts are not her thing, she's more of a sit on a nice beach somewhere reading a book type person)... she will be glad to get me out from under her feet for a while..so she can do what women do, go to health clubs, spas, fancy restaurants with her mates and what have you..

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
ianrauk said:
IFly to LA, pick up car head north east through the deserts to the Bonneville Salt Flats and Salt Lake City, head south to Moab, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon into Arizona, turn west back to LA along the Mexican border.. marvellous.. 3000 miles in 2 weeks.. real Americana..

Excellent!! fantastic part of the world - my last 3 trips to the US have been to Texas - love it!. I hire a huge pick-up truck (they're pretty luxurious these days) for that true American experience!!

Camping in France very shortly (slightly more sedate) haven't booked any campsites yet - it might end up being within viewing distance of Le Tour, don't tell 'er indoors!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep, did something similar a couple of years ago.. hireD a nice Mustang.
Went from LA to Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Yellowstone, San Fran the down H1 to LA....
This time we are stearing clear of the big cities (apart from Salt Lake)..

threebikesmcginty said:
Excellent!! fantastic part of the world - my last 3 trips to the US have been to Texas - love it!. I hire a huge pick-up truck (they're pretty luxurious these days) for that true American experience!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm going to spend a couple of nights camping in Soltydog's field at the end of July....

Otherwise, I am finishing the PhD. Alledgedly.

I have plans, for when I have some money behind me again (that might be a while!), they involve Europe in a vague way.

ChrisKH

Guru
Wigsie said:
Well?

We are on a budget this year, so staying at folks house in southern Spain for 2 weeks at the end of August. With NO kids :sad::biggrin::biggrin: They are going with my parents the 2 weeks before us!

4 week this summer just me and the good lady wife! first time its been just us for more than 10 days ever! :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

Packed off my 9 year old for two nights to a cub camp last week and that's the first time we've been down to one child (his younger brother) in six years. In nine years we have never had a night away from them together. So count yourself lucky young man. :biggrin:

Spending my inheritance this year (again). Am off to Florida to do the Disney thing with the kids. The Outlaws will be joining us, so possibly one or two nights out on our own if they are feeling up to babysitting.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Im off into Europe with my parents and brothers.
Luxenburg for a few days, then Switzerland for 9 days, then France for a night.
Should be pretty nice, with some good cycling.

mocker

2 weeks rattling down Mounts Fromme/Seymour and Grouse on Vancouvers North Shore as well as Whistler mountain bike park...hopefully

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not much....mainly due to using our leave to cover the summer holiday periods. My folks not too keen to help out with anything more than a couple of days in six weeks.....and my wife's parent's not too well.

Think we may have a little time 'together' at the end of August.

Did Legoland again a month back - spent a fortune (and on Lego)....

longers

Legendary Member
Had mine already, a whistlestop tour of Morecambe, Scarborough and Blackpool with the Yorkshire Dales thrown in for good measure. Very nice, especially seeing as I didn't spend long in Blackpool :ohmy:

About long enough for this photo.

av4g29.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:
Had mine already, a whistlestop tour of Morecambe, Scarborough and Blackpool with the Yorkshire Dales thrown in for good measure. Very nice, especially seeing as I didn't spend long in Blackpool :ohmy:

About long enough for this photo.

av4g29.jpg

I wondered who that was..................

But i saw the yellow sock;)

Top Bottom