Oi! Take your gel packets home with you!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
You just put the gel wrappers in between the cabling on the handlebars, assuming you have some. That's what I do.

winjim

Smash the cistern
This post has to be a wind-up, surely?
Why? Do you dispute that gel wrappers are messy?

si_c

Guru
Put the empties in the foil or plastic that your panini (heroic) or rice cake (sky) was wrapped in, then shove it in your pocket... or as you don't have a team car or roadside swanny handing you refills as you ride, shove it in whatever stem or bar bag you're using to carry sufficient food.
I don't see how hard it is to carry a sandwich bag you can put the empty wrappers in if they are so disgusting when empty. I've seen loads of cyclists with them for their phones.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Why? Do you dispute that gel wrappers are messy?
Whilst I hate to assume, I rather think that you've missed the point of contention here.
A Mars bar and some fig biscuits would do just as well
Co-op wine gums for me, thanks.
...and neither tastes like wallpaper paste.
Quite so - gels are revolting, eating them is a sensation I can only imagine to be broadly similar to ingesting a heavily sugared slug.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
The manufacturers should repackage them so they look like regular kit-kat wrappers or whatnot, then everyone would just shrug their shoulders because it's just regular littering, not littering by cycling scum.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On the subject of cyclists thinking they're pros in a race. The other month i saw a cyclist who's water bottle must've been empty, throw it across the road into some bushes, like the pros do for the fans to pick up as souvenirs. :rolleyes:

JoshM

Have you ever tried to put a used gel wrapper back in your pocket? It's fiddly and messy, you end up with sticky goo all over your hands and then the dregs seep through your jersey and make your back really uncomfortable. Much easier to just toss it.

While I'm sure you're trolling, even if they're sticky and fiddly why does that give you the right to litter?

If you find an energy source inconvenient, use something else. It's important that we all leave our green spaces as we find them, otherwise there will be no greenspaces left. Such green spaces aren't your playground to do with what you will. Nor mine. They're a shared space for all to enjoy and to assume your enjoyment is more important than mine, or the next person's is arrogant and rude.

Top Bottom