Ok, I'm probably getting boring now BUT..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Anyone got any experience with ex-breeding dogs?

We've found a site with the 2 cutest dogs ... both ex-breeding bitches, mother and daughter. Their boobies make mine look small ;)

They are both with foster parents so thankfully not kennelled up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aw..they will be all quiet and nice dogs....

Sorry no experience..... just want you to get some new arrivals.....god we'd miss anyone of our 3 ........................cats............. (I'm a dog person, but we don't have the time - and cat's can be very friendly...honest.....'Come on bed time'...the three trot into the kitchen..... sorted, even the young one.....)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cats are two faced killers disguised as domesticated pets and are generally far too intelligent to be 'owned'.

Ex breeding bitches should be no different to the typical temperament associated with the breed., have they been 'done' yet? I am convinced dogs can sense they are breeders if not and they will get plenty of attention.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Wigsie said:
have they been 'done' yet? .

All dogs are 'done' prior to leaving the rescue centre. I should think so too! They don't half look like sorry thinigs - half dog/half cow. Labradors btw.

I'm awaiting further details from the rescue place as it's a good 4 hour drive just to visit them.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
How old is the daughter? imo its never the best idea to keep siblings or parent/sibling combo but if she's reached about 5 with no "heirachy problems" then all should be ok.Watch their food intake too........Labs are naturally food-orientated and combined with having had litters will be very prone to being overweight as they get older!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

The mother is 5, the daughter is 4. They are both overweight and would need a very strict diet. The can only do gentle walks at the moment too.

Effing puppy farms....

MichaelM

Guru
Snapper, I don't have any direct experience, though I suspect the answer might be that the dogs may be nervous and could take time to get to trust you. But would go on to make loving and loyal pets. You coud try asking here.

Lisa, stay away from the link.

Plax

Guru
No experience myself, but a colleague has an ex springer spaniel that was used as a gun dog and a stud. When they first got him it took a while for him to settle in the house (he was kept outside), but seems more than comfortable now. He's an adorable dog but a bit naughty. He ate a whole tub of margerine the other day and made himself sick. He also still hasn't quite got the hang of how to play with toys.

snapper_37 said:
Effing puppy farms....

Hi snapper,
I know it's hard, but you're searching beautifully, over a wide area, and very frequently.
I'm certain you'll find exactly what you're looking for, but can you narrow it down to a particular, preferred breed......there really are SO many dogs unloved, and uncared for, you're gonna find it really tough to walk away from most of them because of their individual stories....

By reducing the many, to a specific, preferred few, you may find it easier....

Ted, and the rest of us send our best wishes to you, & OH, in your searching...

Ted-Square-web.jpg

HTH...;)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

stoatsngroats said:
Hi snapper,
but can you narrow it down to a particular, preferred breed......

We are leaning towards lab/cross, retriever/cross, lurcher/cross, I just don't want to rule anything out and get a Petrix-Clone. There are certain breeds we wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

It's going to be a long road I think. Never mind, it's still nice to have a fuss of them all.

stoatsngroats said:
Hi snapper,
I know it's hard, but you're searching beautifully, over a wide area, and very frequently.
I'm certain you'll find exactly what you're looking for, but can you narrow it down to a particular, preferred breed......there really are SO many dogs unloved, and uncared for, you're gonna find it really tough to walk away from most of them because of their individual stories....

By reducing the many, to a specific, preferred few, you may find it easier....

Ted, and the rest of us send our best wishes to you, & OH, in your searching...

HTH...:eek:

Ted is gorgeous!!! How happy does he look?! Can feel a dog-napping urge coming over me - suppose it should be easier to snatch him than my current favourite aka the presidential pooch! xx(

Top Bottom