Ok, so how do I get my LPs onto MP3/CD?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks to everyone who helped me get MP3s off the web, and use them to make CDs. Now, how do I go about getting my LPs onto MP3/CD? (I have cables to connect laptop>amp)...any suggestions? Freeware preferred. Thanks.

You will need:-

A means of connecting turntable to computer, the turntable must have 'line level' outputs if you are to connect it directly [or a pre-amp will be required].

Something like AUDACITY software, which can be downloaded for free, this can be used to sample the tracks of your LP/Singles. Save/Export them as MP3 or your preferred format.
I have also used Garage Band on MAC [free with OSX], just select 'real instrument' and remember to turn metronome off! Exports as MP4/192kb/s.

OR

For about 80 quid you can buy turntables that connect directly to your PC/Mac via USB - these come bundled with software.

OR

If you have got 400 notes to burn try :-http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/4451

Burns an LP straight to a CD no PC needed!

simonali

Guru
I use Audacity. If you already have a turntable, a computer with a half decent soundcard in it and a 3.5 jack to phono lead you'll be able to record them onto your hard drive for an outlay of precisely nothing.

Top Bottom