old man's bladder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
For 10 yrs or so I have successfully managed the consequences of an enlarged prostate. Now the symptoms have intensified.

If I am to avoid surgery what are my options?
1) something pharmaceutical to supplement/replace Tamsulosin
2) herbal products
3) cutout saddles?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
For 10 yrs or so I have successfully managed the consequences of an enlarged prostate. Now the symptoms have intensified.

If I am to avoid surgery what are my options?
1) something pharmaceutical to supplement/replace Tamsulosin
2) herbal products
3) cutout saddles?
I've been having prostate problems so I've been experimenting with cut outs. I found that the Selle SMP hybrid helped but it's just a little wide for my bones and would start to get uncomfortable after around 40 miles. So a few weeks ago I went to a Specialized Concept Store and got measured for a Toupe Comp Gel. I haven't tried longer distance stuff on it yet but it seems like it might do the trick. One of the advantages of Specialized is that they have a 30 day return and change policy - looking for saddles can become pretty expensive. If you're interested in trying out the Selle SMP Hybrid, PM me and I can lend you mine for the time it takes to see whether it works for you. I also have a Rido R2, which is just plain wrong for me but, again, you're welcome to give it a try.

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
Marmoset, on further thought I think my problem is not worsened by cycling and that I should try the herbal/pharmaceutical options. If I change my mind I will certainly take up your kind offer.

PS: your commentary prompted me to look at the SELLE website - I had no inkling of the vast array of models.

OP
OP
gbs

gbs

Guru
MARMOSET, I threw in the towel and took the surgical option in mid December. 6-8 weeks off the bike as a consequence but I think the decision was right. If any one else wants to discuss the condition and the options feel free to PM me.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
MARMOSET, I threw in the towel and took the surgical option in mid December. 6-8 weeks off the bike as a consequence but I think the decision was right. If any one else wants to discuss the condition and the options feel free to PM me.
I don't know, the things people will do to get out of cycling in the cold, the wind and the rain!:okay:

Hope the recovery goes well. And let us know how you get on.

Top Bottom