Old members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Despite his rather appalling combover, Im ashamed to admit that The Donald actually has more hair than I do.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'd heard - and I do not know the truth of this, although the source is completely honest and usually reliable - that after flouncing from here this particular flouncer had some kind of legal run in with a local official and ended up being fined a 5 figure sum in Court :laugh:

I don't think flouncing and misquoting GDPR got them out of that one.

The prosecution must have called Reg as an expert witness, because he knew more about GDPR than anyone.

I'd left the forum for about 6-9 months when the great flounce happened. I was a mod for a while prior to the 'great flounce' and I can say the 'voluntary' job was not nice at all, and some folk were down right abusive. I'd had enough of dealing with the damage they were causing generally, and the 'work' the mods had to do to clean up. Good riddance. Some of the worse keyboard warriors I've ever encountered - I do believe they are nice people in real life, but their internet persona did not show this.
Thanks for the view from the inside/bottom of the pit fossy but being an old-fashioned soul I'm not entirely sure about your last bit.
I was at a philosophy lecture of all things a while ago and had one of those >>often thought that at the back of my head but never heard put so succinctly >>> moments. The speaker, a refreshingly down to earth chap on a subject I'd normally avoid, suggested that the idea that power corrupts might not be true - that it was perhaps rather more a matter of power bringing forth what was already there in someone's nature - freeing it - enabling it - giving it a stage - and an audience.
He wasn't talking about the web but the web can give warriors power they otherwise don't have access to.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Thanks for the view from the inside/bottom of the pit fossy but being an old-fashioned soul I'm not entirely sure about your last bit.
I was at a philosophy lecture of all things a while ago and had one of those >>often thought that at the back of my head but never heard put so succinctly >>> moments. The speaker, a refreshingly down to earth chap on a subject I'd normally avoid, suggested that the idea that power corrupts might not be true - that it was perhaps rather more a matter of power bringing forth what was already there in someone's nature - freeing it - enabling it - giving it a stage - and an audience.
He wasn't talking about the web but the web can give warriors power they otherwise don't have access to.
I think I know who Fossy is talking about and I have met them on a number of occasions at CC meet-ups. I can confirm they are all generous, pleasant and gregarious people. It’s not fair to snipe at people who can’t defend themselves, especially when one has not met them.

I don't snipe - I have met all the core.

They weren't on the web at the time of course.

I reckon the philosophy lecturer was on to something.

theclaud

Openly Marxist

Cathryn

Legendary Member
When I first came here (2009???) , new to cycling, I read an account of a tour by somebody called Catherine. She had been doing a solo cycle trip in The Netherlands when she was eight months pregnant, and I was awestruck. I think she went to live in the US. Does anybody know how she is?

Hello! That's me! I can't believe you remember my pregnant bike tour! That was one of the best things I ever did (although I was only 6 months pregnant so not quite as impressive).

You made my day for remembering.

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello! That's me! I can't believe you remember my pregnant bike tour! That was one of the best things I ever did (although I was only 6 months pregnant so not quite as impressive).

You made my day for remembering.
Did you ever get to that museum though?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looking at the first page of this thread, @EltonFrog seems to have gone the journey.

He was formerly CarlP (I think), and liked his Raleigh Twenty/Shopper bikes.

Meta ion from Peterborough also looks to have departed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom